ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about acknowledgement letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prr
Newly Registered

about acknowledgement letter

Post by prr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:36 pm

hi, i have applied for psw visa on 25th jan 2010 but still i have not recieved my acknowledgement letter. my student visa was expired on 31st jan 2010 and my employer is asking me to submit visa or atlesat a proof that i have applied my visa. i even called ukba regarding this matter but there is no proper reply from them they said u have to wait and they are not allowed to give any information till 14weeks.

how can i convince my employer that i have submitted my application?

can i still work legally as my visa expired on 31st jan 2010?

please help me.....thank u.......

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:40 pm

show him the receipts from royal mail showing the package you sent to Home office address on the date....

imranhameed2000

Re: about acknowledgement letter

Post by imranhameed2000 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:37 pm

prr wrote:hi, i have applied for psw visa on 25th jan 2010 but still i have not recieved my acknowledgement letter. my student visa was expired on 31st jan 2010 and my employer is asking me to submit visa or atlesat a proof that i have applied my visa. i even called ukba regarding this matter but there is no proper reply from them they said u have to wait and they are not allowed to give any information till 14weeks.

how can i convince my employer that i have submitted my application?

can i still work legally as my visa expired on 31st jan 2010?

please help me.....thank u.......
have ur money deducted yet

in my case they took 11 days to sent ack letter.

insome cases they might not even sent a letter.

if u paid by debit card and ur fees has gone out show the bank statement to ur emplyer.

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Tell your employer to call Home Office to verify if they have received your application.
They are permitted to verify employees immigration status and are giving preference in terms of telephone response.