ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born In Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NewIrish

Child born In Ireland

Post by NewIrish » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi All,

My child born in Ireland in August 2008. at that time I was in the state for 2 years so he did not got the Irish passport.

Next year he will be 3 years old. I am a Non EU on stamp 4 working since 2006. A friend told me that my child would be able to get the Citizenship next year as he would be 3 years old.

Is this correct? I could not find this info anywhere....

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Child born In Ireland

Post by Ben » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:00 pm

NewIrish wrote:A friend told me that my child would be able to get the Citizenship next year as he would be 3 years old.
I think your friend is pulling your leg.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

csr

Post by csr » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:02 pm

ohh, sounds new to me. On what basis he will get citizenship?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:00 pm

i heard something similar as well. not sure if that's true, but here it goes: a child born in ireland after 01/01/2005 but before 2010 and not having irish nationality by birth can apply for naturalistion after 36 months
(3 years) living in ireland. the special 'offer' on that is that the parent does not have to get naturalised first before applying on behalf of a child.
maybe citizenship section could provide more information on the matter.
apparently it was announced (or left secret) with the changes in respect to citizenship for children born in ireland.