ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

another quick question company accounts self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

[iD]

another quick question company accounts self employed

Post by [iD] » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:39 pm

hello guys
just a quick question.
I went to my accountant today and asked him to make me accounts for 4 months as we've only been trading for past 4-5 months. He came up with a lot of things but what he said is that you can't make accounts for less than 12 months...but at the end of the day agreed to make accounts just for 4 months to show how much my company has earned in the period (1st Oct 09 to 31 Jan 10)

It seems like everything's sorted but the initial talk of 'can't make account for less than 12 months' have confused me
any idea if it's all good or should i be concerned?

Regards

Irf

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: another quick question company accounts self employed

Post by mvent00 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:42 am

[iD] wrote:hello guys
just a quick question.
I went to my accountant today and asked him to make me accounts for 4 months as we've only been trading for past 4-5 months. He came up with a lot of things but what he said is that you can't make accounts for less than 12 months...but at the end of the day agreed to make accounts just for 4 months to show how much my company has earned in the period (1st Oct 09 to 31 Jan 10)

It seems like everything's sorted but the initial talk of 'can't make account for less than 12 months' have confused me

Regards

Irf
It might be related with tax issues, but definitely not with Tier 1 visa application. Relax and apply. Good luck.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: another quick question company accounts self employed

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:47 am

[iD] wrote:hello guys
just a quick question.

NO cause of worry to u

less than 12 months accounts need extra work for accts by way of getting permission from co hsg and tax man.

Regards

Irf

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 am

thanks guys
boost of confidence
only thing is, that my tax is not due until april 2011 according (i got this letter from inland revenue telling me about tax dates and dates for account submition)

and my accountant has put "proposed tax" for the period in profit and loss account
any suggestions?

ALSO

cuz I never paid myself any salary or dividend.
What would be my earnings that i can claim points for? would it be companies earning after expenses but before tax?
or company's earning after tax and expenses?

and the letter from accountant just says that "our client's company made a profit of £xx,xxx in four months period ended 31 jan 2001,

it doesn't mention me at all

any template or idea on this letter?

Regards