ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP visa - not used yet.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceCold

HSMP visa - not used yet.

Post by iceCold » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 am

One of my friends who lives in Oman got his HSMP visa in March 2009 valid for 3 years. He hasnt used that visa yet, but now needs to come to UK for about 2 months on business. Home office requires the visa holder to make UK his main home, so we are a bit confused. Is he free to travel within the validity of his visa any number of times or will he have trouble during immigration. I would really appreciate if some of the experienced posters kindly respond. Thank you very much.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP visa - not used yet.

Post by mvent00 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:46 am

Yes, he can. Tier 1 visa allows its holder to do business in UK, but avoid declaring short term nature of stay in UK at the time of arrival in UK. I remember someone in this forum was rejected entry in UK because of similar issues.

iceCold wrote:One of my friends who lives in Oman got his HSMP visa in March 2009 valid for 3 years. He hasnt used that visa yet, but now needs to come to UK for about 2 months on business. Home office requires the visa holder to make UK his main home, so we are a bit confused. Is he free to travel within the validity of his visa any number of times or will he have trouble during immigration. I would really appreciate if some of the experienced posters kindly respond. Thank you very much.

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:53 am

thanks for the response mate, but what about the rule which says "Make UK your main home" ? So am I right in thinking that even though the visa was issued a year ago and hes planning to travel now, that should NOT be a problem at all? Thanks again.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 pm

iceCold wrote:thanks for the response mate, but what about the rule which says "Make UK your main home" ? So am I right in thinking that even though the visa was issued a year ago and hes planning to travel now, that should NOT be a problem at all? Thanks again.
It will not be a problem, please check the FAQ's at UKBAsays....
The expiry date shown on the visa is the latest date on which you can arrive in the UK, but remember that this is also the last day on which you are permitted to stay in the UK

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:07 pm

All doubts cleared.thanks a lot for your reply.