ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Help Required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

silversurfer

Tier-1 Help Required

Post by silversurfer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Dear Members,

I am new to this board so please go easy on me if I am making any posts which have already been discussed in detail!

I am in the process of applying UK Tier-1 VISA and need your help with the following:-

1- If my qualification appears on the points based system do I still need NARIC certifiacte of comparison? Or will it be better/safer to obtain NARIC certificate even though the qualification appears on points calculator?

2- For proof of english is letter from university enough if the qualification appears on the points calculator or should I obtain a certificate from NARIC?

3- For qualification evidence what all documents should I submit?
I have a Master's Degree. So, should I only submit the original Master's Degree Certificate or do I need ot include marks cards, transcripts and/or education recored for studies done before obtaining Master's Degree?

You help and inputs will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Silversurfer

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-1 Help Required

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:33 pm

silversurfer wrote:Dear Members,

I am new to this board so please go easy on me if I am making any posts which have already been discussed in detail!

I am in the process of applying UK Tier-1 VISA and need your help with the following:-

1- If my qualification appears on the points based system do I still need NARIC certifiacte of comparison? Or will it be better/safer to obtain NARIC certificate even though the qualification appears on points calculator? If qualification is on the PBS calculator, NARIC cert is not necessary

2- For proof of english is letter from university enough if the qualification appears on the points calculator or should I obtain a certificate from NARIC? Not necessary if appears in the PBS calculator

I have a Master's Degree. So, should I only submit the original Master's Degree Certificate or do I need ot include marks cards, transcripts and/or education recored for studies done before obtaining Master's Degree? Just Original Masters Certificate would be enough

Best Regards,
Silversurfer

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Tier-1 Help Required

Post by dima » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:02 pm

silversurfer wrote:Dear Members,

1- If my qualification appears on the points based system do I still need NARIC certifiacte of comparison? Or will it be better/safer to obtain NARIC certificate even though the qualification appears on points calculator?

2- For proof of english is letter from university enough if the qualification appears on the points calculator or should I obtain a certificate from NARIC?

I have a Master's Degree. So, should I only submit the original Master's Degree Certificate or do I need ot include marks cards, transcripts and/or education recored for studies done before obtaining Master's Degree?

Best Regards,
Silversurfer
Is the letter from the uni necessry if the Uni is found in the PBS calculator?( you would anyways submit Msters degree certi, that will act s proof of your Eng if the degree is found in PBS calculator)
coz, I just checked the PBS calcultor, it gives 10 points if the uni selected is in the PBS clculator... :)