ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to US for business. Eligible for B1?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

begi
Newly Registered

Travelling to US for business. Eligible for B1?

Post by begi » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:56 pm

I hope someone can help me with following situation. I have checked my self local embassy website, USCIS but neither answers exactly to my question -
"Can I travel and remain for few months in US under Business visa (B1)?" - based on below circumstances.

I don't want L1-B coz it is painful process + I'm not employed by US company (as per below).

So, my circumstances:

Employed by Belgian company who has branch in USA. Employer wants to send over for 3-4 months to train staff in USA branch.

Contract remains with Belgian company, taxes are paid in Belgium, expenses are paid like travel expenses (incl housing) by Belgium.

I will really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you in advance :)

ethan1066
Newly Registered

Post by ethan1066 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:55 pm

with the b1 visa you can stay temporary and can do business related activities in the us such as the business associates and short term training program...