ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funding Requirement for Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheekyvirgin

Funding Requirement for Student Visa

Post by cheekyvirgin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Hi Guys

I need some advice regarding the fund maintainance for a student visa extension.

My Masters is finishing in May and visa expiring on 1st june 2010 and would need to extend my visa to submit my dissertation. Currently i am on PWS Visa.

How much money i have to show as all the fee is paid and would need 3 to 4 months dissertation visa, also i got my wife and one child living with me as well.

Please advice.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:00 am

How can you apply for a *student visa extension* when you are in UK on Tier 1 (PSW) visa and not a student visa?? Tier 1 (General) PSW visa cannot be extended.

regards

my name is khan
Newly Registered

Post by my name is khan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:38 am

sushdmehta wrote:How can you apply for a *student visa extension* when you are in UK on Tier 1 (PSW) visa and not a student visa?? Tier 1 (General) PSW visa cannot be extended.

regards
but can be change in tire 4

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:45 am

my name is khan wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:How can you apply for a *student visa extension* when you are in UK on Tier 1 (PSW) visa and not a student visa?? Tier 1 (General) PSW visa cannot be extended.

regards
but can be change in tire 4
Which has already been suggested to the OP. But there could be an issue with changing to student category in the middle / near to the end of the course. Do the immigration rules allow that? As suggested before, OP needs to ascertain if he qualifies for student visa, given his present circumstances (studying on PSW visa but course finishes after PSW expires).

BTW, it is *tier* 4.

regards