ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa accepted, Marriage Ceremony complete. Next?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

errol100
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa accepted, Marriage Ceremony complete. Next?

Post by errol100 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi,

I live in the UK (British National) I posted a little while ago and I appreciate everyone who have given me input.

I was granted a Fiance Visa (my partner is Belarusian) at the end of November 2009 and paid the fees etc associated with this. Furthermore, I have complied with all of the processes in the UK; our marriage ceremony took place on Monday and we have our certification etc.

All good so far.

My partner is wanting to get a job shortly, but I am not sure if I need to switch her visa to marriage visa, or if the certificate is enough ?

If I need to switch to marriage visa surely I do not need to pay the costs associated with this, as I have already paid the fiance visa costs?

Could anyone help me ?

Greatly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:37 am

Anyhow, you paid for fiance visa because you applied for visa as a fiance. If you need to change to spouse visa, shouldn't you have to pay for it? It was your choice to marry, not UKBA's!!

All IMHO ...

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 am

Yes in order for ur wife to work she must switch visas to spouse, as no work is allowed on fiancee visa. Plus you have to anyway as she is not longer a fiancee!

Form FLR(M) cost is £585 and if u think thats a shocker, ILR in two years time is £820, probably more by then....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:20 pm

ILR at present £1020 if applied for in person...
Bear in mind that if you apply for FLR(M) by post..the spouse visa your wife now needs may well take 3 months + to be issued, and she won't be able to work legally until she has this. You may decide to swallow the extra cost (£665) and apply in person, which should mean the visa is granted on the same day, if you 'tick all the boxes'...finance, suitable accomodation etc.