ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need an Advice.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manepemeom
Newly Registered

Need an Advice.

Post by Manepemeom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi!

I am a Non-EEA National have been married to a EEA National (A8 Country) for two years and four months. So, What happens: If I will be divorced with her now??? Do I still be eligible to stay in this country or can apply for a PERMANENT RESIDENCE. Please advice me a best possible solution.

Regards.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Need an Advice.

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Manepemeom wrote:Hi!

I am a Non-EEA National have been married to a EEA National (A8 Country) for two years and four months. So, What happens: If I will be divorced with her now??? Do I still be eligible to stay in this country or can apply for a PERMANENT RESIDENCE. Please advice me a best possible solution.

Regards.
Did you search? I guess not since this comes up often, anyway, nope - need three years one of which must be in UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Manepemeom
Newly Registered

Thanks.

Post by Manepemeom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi!

Thanks for reply. Is it possible to apply for PERMANENT RESIDENCE after three years of marriage or still need to wait for 5 years even though without DIVORCE.

Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Thanks.

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks for reply. Is it possible to apply for PERMANENT RESIDENCE after three years of marriage or still need to wait for 5 years even though without DIVORCE.

Thanks.
Which is more important to you, marriage or PR?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Haha of course PR.

There is no way one can make me believe this has been a genuine marriage.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Manepemeom
Newly Registered

Hi!

Post by Manepemeom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi!

Definitely marriage. I was just curious about the matter. Because she is planning to go for 1 year in her Country to help/ look after her mother business. I was just worried does it affect my right to stay in UK because according to law it says that she need to be in UK for me to be qualified for PR. The thing that really matter for me is that she will be away from UK for more than a 90 days period of time. Don't not take it wrong. Its just a curiosity. Someone already comment my post without knowing the actual reason. And I hope this forum is established to help out with Legal Problem which might sometimes be very expensive and in adequate not for making fun like the one did in my Post.

I hope you will again provide me a best possible solution.

Regards.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:03 pm

If I were you, I would move with her to her country. I wouldn't want to live one year without my wife whatever be the reason.

Manepemeom
Newly Registered

Hi!

Post by Manepemeom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi!

I know what you mean? But she is coming back anyway after 1 year. I have a job here and studying as well. If I go with her for an year it can have a long term effect in our life. I am just looking for a Legal Solution that can help me to find out the appropriate way. Okay if there is no any solution than I have to follow the way you suggested me. But I am afraid there might of some way to overcome these problems. And last but not least I don't mean that we are not going to live completely away from each other. I am gonna visit to her any way.

Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 pm

I think if she leaves the UK for such a length of time u'd not be legal in the UK.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Your wife is supposed to be exercising her treaty rights in the UK, thats where you derive you right to stay in the UK from. Otherwise, you are not even supposed to be in the UK.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 pm

How would they know if she s away for 90 days or whatever?

Manepemeom
Newly Registered

Hi!

Post by Manepemeom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi!

Thanks for reply. That why I am asking that is it possible to apply PR after three years of marriage. She will be going on next year by the end of 2010. Till that time it will be already 3 years of our marriage.

Regards.

Tim555

Re: Hi!

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 am

Definitely marriage. I was just curious about the matter. Because she is planning to go for 1 year in her Country to help/ look after her mother business. I was just worried does it affect my right to stay in UK because according to law it says that she need to be in UK for me to be qualified for PR. The thing that really matter for me is that she will be away from UK for more than a 90 days period of time. Don't not take it wrong. Its just a curiosity. Someone already comment my post without knowing the actual reason. And I hope this forum is established to help out with Legal Problem which might sometimes be very expensive and in adequate not for making fun like the one did in my Post.

I hope you will again provide me a best possible solution.

Regards.
She must live with you in the country. Othewise you'd not satisfy HO.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:38 am

Pakhtoon wrote:If I were you, I would move with her to her country. I wouldn't want to live one year without my wife whatever be the reason.
''Ay Athra Ishq Naeen Saun Denda
Sari Raat Jagahi Rakhda Hai''
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:47 am

Tim555 wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:If I were you, I would move with her to her country. I wouldn't want to live one year without my wife whatever be the reason.
Nice 1 Tim555

Manepemeom
Newly Registered

Thanks All.

Post by Manepemeom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 am

Hi All,

Thanks for advice and help. Hope for same in future.

But I don't want to rude I don't understand some of the message. Anyway never mind. Thanks for support . I will find out the best possible route.

Regards.

Happy New Tiger Year.

Manepemeom
Newly Registered

?????

Post by Manepemeom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 am

I don't have any clue what you mean??????????????????????

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:32 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Haha, I don't understand Punjabi 100% for example I don't know what is 'Athra' but good one anyway :)

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Re: ?????

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Manepemeom wrote:''Ay Athra Ishq Naeen Saun Denda

it means if you love your wife, how can you stay for 1 long year without her.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Haha, I don't understand Punjabi 100% for example I don't know what is 'Athra' but good one anyway :)
Athra word means in English is Naughty but here we can say love is bad or you can figure out.. you know I mean?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:01 pm

rebel82 wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Athra word means in English is Naughty but here we can say love is bad or you can figure out.. you know I mean?
Aha so its something like

Ishq nay nikamma kar diya Ghalib
Warna aadmi hum bhi thay baray kaam kay

:lol:

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:

it means if you love your wife, how can you stay for 1 long year without her.
Correct and Its true.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:06 pm

It means NO LIFE WITHOUT WIFE.

eldane
Mood:
Denmark

Wife leaving for a while..

Post by eldane » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 am

Apart from letting the wife leaving for a non-disclosed time I find there a far more serious problem.

As far as I remember, when you apply for a permanent residence certificate you must provide the Border Office with five P60's for the previous 5 years from your EEA spouse to prove that she has exercised treaty rights (I am saying P60's as you has told us she is working else it could be other means of prof).

If you can't prove that your spouse has exercised treaty right for five complete years you are not fulfilling the criterion for a Permanent residence certificate and won't be issued one. Furthermore I believe that The Boarder Office with reset the meter and the next time you can apply is when your wife return back to the UK and has exercised treaty rights for another five years consecutive.

Eldanes
Good intentions are appreciated but results are what matters..