ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final document check before applying

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

[iD]

Final document check before applying

Post by [iD] » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:06 am

Hi I'm about to apply on monday or tuesday just wanted to make sure if I am not missing anything
Thanks in advance

Documents Provided
Age assessment:
Current Passport

Qualification:
Original degree certificate (already provided with initial HSMP but playing safe)

Previous earnings:
For maternity/adoption leave
Birth certificate
Employers letter confirming leave

Actual earnings- (8 Months Employed + 4 Months Self Employed)

Employed Period
Employers letter
Bank Statement

Self Employed
Company accounts
Letter from accountant confirming company has earned £xx and being the owner of 100% shares I'm entitled to net amount. (the net amount is before tax but after expenses)

UK Experience:
Same as earnings

English Language:
Already proved in initial HSMP application but still providing the old ielts certificate to be on the safe side

Maintenance Funds:
Personal bank statements for 3 months
Business bank statements for 3 months (can i claim business money as my own since i own 100% shares and the sole owner?)

thats it

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:31 am

I this for Tier1 Main applicant or Dependent applicant? from the docs we could guess it is for Main applicant.. Give full details. dont leave ppl to guess it and reply.. you will only loose in that case..

Reason i was confused is since u have a question regarding ur Dependent child

Anyways..

1. In the Maintenance funds.. i have a doubt if you can use ur business account or NOT, so confirm it with other seniors before going ahead..

2. Are you applying for ur spouse aswell along with ur child? in that case please put marriage certificate

3. Maintenance funds for how many n how much.. again a guess

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Apologise for inconvenience I should have added dependants documents in the list as well as mentioned the application type

Yeah there is a confusion about business bank account for maintenance funds. I called UKBA customer services today and the lady says as long as you can prove that the money is yours you're good to go. Talked to my accountant and he said if you have 100% shares in the business then the money in the account belongs to you.. I know it's still confusing because I can't trust home office customer service people

--------
It's a Tier 1 Main application and 2 dependants
Documents mentioned above are for Main applicant only with the maintenance funds of at least £1866 for 3 months (main applicant+2 dependants), which includes minimum of £1866 in personal bank accounts but on some occasions money was dipped to £1400 so I have included business bank account to cover remaining £466

Documents for my wife:
Passport
Marriage certificate
for Maintenance funds look above

Documents for my son:
Passport
Birth Certificate
for Maintenance funds look above

Again, am I missing anything?
Regards
Last edited by [iD] on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mubu

Post by mubu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Do you have maintenance funds outside the country anywhere? You could show that as well, for the period when it dipped to 1400

What is the format of your company accounts? Does it have to be on a headed paper or plain paper? Any signature or stamp required from accountant for this?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 pm

mubu wrote:Do you have maintenance funds outside the country anywhere? You could show that as well, for the period when it dipped to 1400

What is the format of your company accounts? Does it have to be on a headed paper or plain paper? Any signature or stamp required from accountant for this?
don't have any money abroad, invested everything in business
Accounts are on plain paper, no stamps or signature but I have to sign the page where it explains shares and balance sheet
accountant letter is on letterhead and has signature

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Other common documents you might be attaching.. just FYI.

1. Cover letter (All as 1 or 1 for each applicant)
2. Photos 2 x each applicant not older than 1month
3. Application forms- check if they are the latest
4. Self addressed Royal mail SD envelop (if you want ur docs come back quicker)
5. PBS Summary sheet

mubu

Post by mubu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:10 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:Other common documents you might be attaching.. just FYI.

1. Cover letter (All as 1 or 1 for each applicant)
2. Photos 2 x each applicant not older than 1month
3. Application forms- check if they are the latest
4. Self addressed Royal mail SD envelop (if you want ur docs come back quicker)
5. PBS Summary sheet
How many copies of application form? Just one?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:12 pm

mubu wrote:How many copies of application form? Just one?
I meant form(s) because he needs

1 x Main Applicants form and his dependents 1each..

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:47 pm

great, thanks

btw talked to UKBA again like half n hour ago and the lady after making enquiry said the funds should be readily accessible to you, I said it is because I am the only owner of the company and i have bank card+cheque book and i usually withdraw money from the account without seeking someone else's permission

she went back to ask someone and then said, the money should only be in a personal account. so its a NO

i still fancy taking chances but here is the question, with money in personal account i can only support myself+1 dependant so iffff i take the chance and still provide company account with personal to support all 3 would they reject all of us or just reject one dependant?

Any idea?

mubu

Post by mubu » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 pm

[iD] wrote:great, thanks

btw talked to UKBA again like half n hour ago and the lady after making enquiry said the funds should be readily accessible to you, I said it is because I am the only owner of the company and i have bank card+cheque book and i usually withdraw money from the account without seeking someone else's permission

she went back to ask someone and then said, the money should only be in a personal account. so its a NO

i still fancy taking chances but here is the question, with money in personal account i can only support myself+1 dependant so iffff i take the chance and still provide company account with personal to support all 3 would they reject all of us or just reject one dependant?

Any idea?
You could probably send dependents back home for 3 months, renew visa only for you at the moment and bring them back later...when you have enough funds to show...maybe after 3 months

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm

"Business" is a separate entity, so money in business account belongs to the business ... not to you as an individual - even if you might be the owner of the business. Business accounts cannot be treated as personal accounts.

Given the argument "after all, the business is mine" - Why is there a legal requirement to have a business account? Why can't an individual use a personal account to operate his business?

Food for thought!

regards

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 pm

mubu wrote:
You could probably send dependents back home for 3 months, renew visa only for you at the moment and bring them back later...when you have enough funds to show...maybe after 3 months
or i could just show son's funds from my business account, if he gets rejected I will only £50 to lose here because he doesn't need visa unless traveling

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:58 pm

sushdmehta wrote:"Business" is a separate entity, so money in business account belongs to the business ... not to you as an individual - even if you might be the owner of the business. Business accounts cannot be treated as personal accounts.

Given the argument "after all, the business is mine" - Why is there a legal requirement to have a business account? Why can't an individual use a personal account to operate his business?

Food for thought!

regards
hmm i got your point, thinking about it

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:42 pm

It is not clear from your post that if your business bank statements coinfirm your turnover coming in.

If not then it would be difficult for you to get the visa because you need two evidences in income category.

1. Accounts and accountant reference (are from same source)
2. Would be your business bank statement (if you can provide one)

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:51 am

Riz,
It is not nessasary that business bank account would show the total turnover let alone the net or gross pay. In my case it doesn't. the turnover is a 3-4k short in the bank account and that is because we don't always withdraw the money from Paypal (we sell stuff on ebay), instead pay that money to some other supplier for stationary or something else from paypal.

Now coming back to your question regarding the documents from the different sources, below is the snippet from page 27 of the guidance notes, where they give example for kind of documents you can provide.
Self-employed earnings within a business or company structure:
If an applicant has worked in a self-employed capacity in his/her own business or company structure and has chosen to keep his/her earnings within the business or company, he/she could provide:
business or company accounts that meet • statutory requirements and show the net profit made for the earnings period claimed; and
a letter from his/her accountant confirming • the details in those accounts.
If the applicant is not the sole shareholder of the company he/she should also provide:
a letter from his/her accountant confirming • his/her shareholding and the proportion of net profit before tax to which he/she is entitled for the earnings period claimed
please let me know if I'm wrong

Irf

rizwan567 wrote:It is not clear from your post that if your business bank statements coinfirm your turnover coming in.

If not then it would be difficult for you to get the visa because you need two evidences in income category.

1. Accounts and accountant reference (are from same source)
2. Would be your business bank statement (if you can provide one)
[quote/]

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:00 am

business is not your earnings, if you have paid yourself salaries then thats your earnings, or dividants, etc

in anycase do provide Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statement for the accounts

i hope this helps.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:42 pm

mianrm wrote:business is not your earnings, if you have paid yourself salaries then thats your earnings, or dividants, etc

in anycase do provide Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statement for the accounts

i hope this helps.
Appreciate your input but guidance note does talk about people "who work in a self employed capacity and in his/her own business or company structure and has chosen to keep his/her earnings within the business or company"
please have a look at my earlier message that includes a snippet from Guidance note.

My company accounts do have balance sheet and profit and loss account as I understand that it's the part of statuary requirement

mubu

Post by mubu » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:45 am

[iD] wrote:
mubu wrote:Do you have maintenance funds outside the country anywhere? You could show that as well, for the period when it dipped to 1400

don't have any money abroad, invested everything in business
Accounts are on plain paper, no stamps or signature but I have to sign the page where it explains shares and balance sheet
accountant letter is on letterhead and has signature
My accountant has given print out on plain paper, I have to sign & stamp it.

Question is, there is no separate letter from him for "NET PROFIT STATEMENT" and also it says "Proposed income, proposed P&L" everywhere. This is because my final accounts will be done in July 2010. Is this acceptable?

Someone please help!

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:10 am

mubu wrote:
My accountant has given print out on plain paper, I have to sign & stamp it.

Question is, there is no separate letter from him for "NET PROFIT STATEMENT" and also it says "Proposed income, proposed P&L" everywhere. This is because my final accounts will be done in July 2010. Is this acceptable?

Someone please help!
accounts done on plain paper are ok, I have the same. I have to sign the page where it explain shares and balance sheet.

My accounts are due in April but I specifically asked my accountant to make a periodic account covering 4 months only and the only thing that's proposed there is tax.

I believe you need 2 different evidence for earning mubu, only company accounts wont do