ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Rejection due to Photograph

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sm007
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Rejection due to Photograph

Post by sm007 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:48 am

Hello, i have applied for a switch from WP to Tier-1 on Feb-17-2010 and payment was taken on Feb-18-2010. But i have sent a photograph which was used in one of my previous applications (Jul09). will that be a problem. Whether they will ask for a new photo or reject it?

Please help.

SM

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-1 Rejection due to Photograph

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:08 am

sm007 wrote:Hello, i have applied for a switch from WP to Tier-1 on Feb-17-2010 and payment was taken on Feb-18-2010. But i have sent a photograph which was used in one of my previous applications (Jul09). will that be a problem. Whether they will ask for a new photo or reject it?

Please help.

SM
How can you not notice or follow the less than 1month old photos to be used?

I think they call n ask for latest photos or send it back saying invalid ?

Once you get reference letter send ur latest photos.. it may save ur day

gtd
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1 Rejection due to Photograph

Post by gtd » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 pm

hi tvn_ramesh,

Unfortunately same case here :( Sent dependent's old photographs which is stamped in her passport.. I sent my application on 4th feb and got the acknowledgment on 18th Feb.. (Ack dated 13th)... In the acknowledgement letter, they have mentioned "Please do not send any additional docucments to us unless requested to do so by a caseworker"... Now can I send the new photographs mentioning the reference number or just wait for the caseworker to ask? Any replies appreciated... Itz urgent because its already around 16 days after submitting the application ....I clearly understand this is a big mistake but was not aware that photo can create this much tension!
tvn_ramesh wrote:
sm007 wrote:Hello, i have applied for a switch from WP to Tier-1 on Feb-17-2010 and payment was taken on Feb-18-2010. But i have sent a photograph which was used in one of my previous applications (Jul09). will that be a problem. Whether they will ask for a new photo or reject it?

Please help.

SM
How can you not notice or follow the less than 1month old photos to be used?

I think they call n ask for latest photos or send it back saying invalid ?

Once you get reference letter send ur latest photos.. it may save ur day

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Unfortunately same case here Sent dependent's old photographs which is stamped in her passport.. I sent my application on 4th feb and got the acknowledgment on 18th Feb.. (Ack dated 13th)... In the acknowledgement letter, they have mentioned "Please do not send any additional docucments to us unless requested to do so by a caseworker"... Now can I send the new photographs mentioning the reference number or just wait for the caseworker to ask? Any replies appreciated... Itz urgent because its already around 16 days after submitting the application ....I clearly understand this is a big mistake but was not aware that photo can create this much tension!
Better to send the new photographs now mentioning about the mistake made and the reference number in a cover letter.

gtd
Newly Registered

Post by gtd » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:51 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
Unfortunately same case here Sent dependent's old photographs which is stamped in her passport.. I sent my application on 4th feb and got the acknowledgment on 18th Feb.. (Ack dated 13th)... In the acknowledgement letter, they have mentioned "Please do not send any additional docucments to us unless requested to do so by a caseworker"... Now can I send the new photographs mentioning the reference number or just wait for the caseworker to ask? Any replies appreciated... Itz urgent because its already around 16 days after submitting the application ....I clearly understand this is a big mistake but was not aware that photo can create this much tension!
Better to send the new photographs now mentioning about the mistake made and the reference number in a cover letter.
Hi, Im terribly sorry, just checked my dependents photograph, I have sent the new one only.. itz just my last minute panic attacks... Thanks for replying anyways. This might help other candidates with the same case.

Ashishk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashishk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:04 am

I had one question. When they return the application as invalid because of the use of old photograph, is it still considered as rejection. I am worried because there are couple of questions in the tier-2 form where they ask if my visa for uk has ever been refused before. I am not sure if i should mention yes or no.

Please help as this is very urgent.

Thanks so much!
Ashish

vks

Post by vks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 am

Ashishk wrote:I had one question. When they return the application as invalid because of the use of old photograph, is it still considered as rejection. I am worried because there are couple of questions in the tier-2 form where they ask if my visa for uk has ever been refused before. I am not sure if i should mention yes or no.

Please help as this is very urgent.

Thanks so much!
Ashish

What was mentioned, when the application was refused? If it is a rejection, you need to mention that and the reason for rejection!
Regards,
vks