ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FIANCEE GOT THE VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omeo_21

FIANCEE GOT THE VISA

Post by omeo_21 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:45 am

Hi everyone

My fiancee got her visa . We applied on the 2nd february and received a call from them on the 9th of February that our appliction was ready to pick up, was nervous at the quick response but turned out well thank god hamdulila the gave us the visa. think might be because it was my fiancee 3rd visit to the UK and plus she had a degree but who knows everyones application is different. was nervous because i stated in my application that my parents would pay the rent and bills and that i didnt contribute but turned out ok.

Just like to thank batleykhan, andy, boulevardofbrokendreams, uk immigration and many others who helped me and were patient with me.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:52 am

Congratulations :lol:

The worry is the worst thing in applying in your situation

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:20 pm

YAYYY!!!! I was really pulling for you. So glad she got the visa. Enjoy your lives no more worries!!

(p.s. I changed my username from blouevardofbrokendreams hehe just so you don't get confused)
I tell it like it is.

omeo_21

Post by omeo_21 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks elenaW for your support and kind words,

i just wanted to know is their a time limit for her to enter the UK from when the visa was granted and also what documents does she need to bring for when we come to apply for the 2 year extension?

thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:04 pm

I don't believe there's a time limit (beyond the limit of the visa and the fact you need to have married AND applied for the furthe leave before the visa expires)

All the info on the form you need can be found on the BIA website - you want form FLR(M). Have a good read of that - as I recall we didn't have to send much when I went through it.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:42 pm

omeo_21 wrote:Thanks elenaW for your support and kind words,

i just wanted to know is their a time limit for her to enter the UK from when the visa was granted and also what documents does she need to bring for when we come to apply for the 2 year extension?

thanks
oops just noticed that it's a finacee visa that she has. she can enter the country whenever as long as you guys get married and apply for flr(m) before the expiration date of the visa.

The documents she needs are the same that she used for the fiancee visa plus some wedding photos and the marriage certificate. Also updated bank statements.
I tell it like it is.

MisfitMeL

Post by MisfitMeL » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Wow, congrats!! That must be such a relief for the both of you :D

Now you can plan full steam ahead for the big day :P

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 pm

Well done Omeo, so happy for you 4u now that your wishes have come true.

The hardest bit is yet to come........ getting married and putting up with the missus now for the rest of your life ...lol :D

Gustavo
Newly Registered

Application WorkPermit Dependant Visa IN ADVANCE

Post by Gustavo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi Omeo,
Just wanted to check if you can help me as my case seems to be very similar to yours...

I am living and working in UK since 3 years ago with a WorkPermit. I am getting married in a couple of months. My fiancee is living in our country of origin and we are planning to apply for her visa as a dependant.

Because this process may take more than 6 weeks from my country, we are planning to apply for her visa in advance, so we can get married and come together to UK together just a couple of days after marriage.

Just wondering if you have some good advice or recommendations in terms of:
1. Whether an applicacion in advance is possible or not,
2. Useful supporting documentation to be provided.

I will appreciate your help,
Gustavo

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi
omeo_21 wrote:Thanks elenaW for your support and kind words,

thanks
Omer Congraulation..

Weldone..I wish you best luck for future..

Yours sincere

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member