ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Phone number for EEA2 applications?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wet26

Phone number for EEA2 applications?

Post by wet26 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, I've been searching for the answer!

What phone number do you use to call the HO to find out the status of your application? I applied in Sept 09 and sent the further info they requested in Dec 09 and haven't heard back yet.

I've tried calling a few numbers but never get to speak to a person.

Thanks in advance.

jajanana

Re: Phone number for EEA2 applications?

Post by jajanana » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:51 pm

wet26 wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, I've been searching for the answer!

What phone number do you use to call the HO to find out the status of your application? I applied in Sept 09 and sent the further info they requested in Dec 09 and haven't heard back yet.

I've tried calling a few numbers but never get to speak to a person.

Thanks in advance.
Liverpool office
0151 672 5626

wet26

Post by wet26 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks, I called them this morning.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 pm

wet26 wrote:Thanks, I called them this morning.
Any good news from HO?

wet26

Post by wet26 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 am

I needed to call primarily to change my address as we are moving on Friday. My application is still under consideration, but 6 months is up on 14 March.

On 30 November The HO requested further "evidence that you have been residing in the UK with your British Citizen EEA sponsor since you have returned from another EEA state" which I provided.

My case is a little different in that I'm Australian and lived with my British husband in Spain for 18 months before moving to the UK. I was twice refused an EEA FP in Madrid because my husband is British (they obviously had no clue about the Singh judgment). We moved to the UK together anyway and I was questioned for 4 hours at the port like some kind of criminal, but they let me in and told me I couldn't work and would have to leave in 3 months.

I received invaluable advice from these boards to apply for an RC and touch wood it looks like I will get one.

What's your story?