ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sahra
BANNED

Family visit visa

Post by sahra » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi, wanted to come to the UK for some court proceedings and my extended family and relatives have refused to sponsor and support me including my first cousins. But my 2nd cousin once removed is willing to call me on family visit visa and will accomodate me and support me. but the rules say that the definition of a family member go upto first cousin and not beyond.

Will the ECO overlook that he is my 2nd cousin once removed?

Cant i just say on the application that he is my 1st cousin and hope for the best?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Family visit visa

Post by ElenaW » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:50 pm

sahra wrote:Hi, wanted to come to the UK for some court proceedings and my extended family and relatives have refused to sponsor and support me including my first cousins. But my 2nd cousin once removed is willing to call me on family visit visa and will accomodate me and support me. but the rules say that the definition of a family member go upto first cousin and not beyond.

Cant i just say on the application that he is my 1st cousin and hope for the best?
Lying is never a good idea. If found out you can face a ban.
I tell it like it is.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Why not apply for a visitor visa & get them to sponser you?

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi
sahra wrote:Hi, wanted to come to the UK for some court proceedings and my extended family and relatives have refused to sponsor and support me including my first cousins. But my 2nd cousin once removed is willing to call me on family visit visa and will accomodate me and support me. but the rules say that the definition of a family member go upto first cousin and not beyond.

But how you would prove that he is your 1 cousin?
How you prove that you are related as claimed?

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

sahra
BANNED

Post by sahra » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 pm

immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi

UK_Banned_Member

on UK border agency website it says that the Eco does not need to see document evidence of relationship.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 am

sahra wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi

UK_Banned_Member

on UK border agency website it says that the Eco does not need to see document evidence of relationship.

Well they always ask to prove your relation is geniue and you are related as claimed.In Pakistan I have seen many refusal on this silly reasons.

As you have previous immigration histroy eco would doubt why you want to visit UK.

Good luck
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

glowbeg2
Newly Registered

Post by glowbeg2 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:45 am

Sahra, its best not to tell lies, be honest with your application and hope for the best. If its for court proceedings then let the BHC be aware and hopefully will allow you in.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am

hI
glowbeg2 wrote:

Sahra, its best not to tell lies, be honest with your application and hope for the best. If its for court proceedings then let the BHC be aware and hopefully will allow you in.
I told you already general visit visa for court proceedings would be your best option.

But my question is you have your child with you then why you visa for court proceedings or father has any family proceedings in court.

If yes then you have a very good chance for visa for court proceedings.

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member