ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help me please

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prr
Newly Registered

help me please

Post by prr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:40 am

hi, i have applied for my PSW visa on 25th jan 2010 but i dint get my acknowledgement letter yet. it is already 1month im waiting for it. i have paid my fee using postal orders and my parcel was delivered next day as i have checked with the royal mail. my employer is not allowing me to work as my visa expired on 31st jan 2010 he is asking for written statement from home office and nothing else.

I have heard people getting their visas late(i.e after 2 or 3months) but not in the case of acknowledgement letter. i think im the only one who is suffering with this problem.

kindly help me......im very much worried sitting at home with no work and i may lose my job if this situation continues for one more week!!!

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 am

I believe the best and only solution would be to contact Home Office.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 am

my employer is not allowing me to work as my visa expired on 31st jan 2010 he is asking for written statement from home office and nothing else.
What sort of visa "expired"? And did you apply for your new visa before that expiry date?
John

ThatPoshBird
Newly Registered

Post by ThatPoshBird » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 am

I'm in the same boat. :( I've received my acknowledgment letter, but my employer is convinced that I would be working illegally if I continued after my visa 'expired' despite all the info I showed them from the home office! :(

I hope you get a response soon!! :)

prr
Newly Registered

Post by prr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 am

student visa

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 am

Let's introduce you to the world of "Section 3C Protection"! There is a lot more detail in this UKBA document, but in a nutshell, if you make a visa application in the UK during the validity of any existing visa (NOT after its expiry!) and the application is not decided before the expiry date printed on the old visa, then that old visa is "treated as continuing" until they decide upon the application, and indeed if it is rejected, until the time for appealing against that rejection has expired, and longer, if an appeal is submitted.

Anyone having problems with an employer might want to refer them to the document I link to above.

Treated as continuing? Yes, whatever that visa is. If if for example it is a student visa, then that student visa is "treated as continuing", with a 20-hour working limit during term-time.
John

prr
Newly Registered

Post by prr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:01 am

mr.john thank u very much for ur reply but this is not suitable for my case

my employer is asking that what is the proof that u have applied for the visa how can i believe u....

he needs my acknowledgement letter which sates that HO has recieved all my documents for visa which they should send as soon as they recieve my application. in my case it has not happened and it is already one month i have applied!!!!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:55 am

OK, have a look at this UKBA webpage. You will see that it details the way the Home Office support employers.

Your employer should make use of this, and dial the 0300 number mentioned in the right-hand column. They should be able to confirm that you have an outstanding application, that it was submitted before the expiry date of your old visa, and thus Section 3C protection applies.
John

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 am

Note you could be guilty of 'pursuing a career' on a student visa in this scenario....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....