ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 residence card or registration certificate? confused...

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alinna

EEA2 residence card or registration certificate? confused...

Post by alinna » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi

Me and my husband have applied for his residence card as a dependant of mine (self-employed romanian).

We have received the COA shortly after the application and now HO sent him a letter stating that they need to see further documents to prove we are living as a cople for the last 24 months (bills, statements, etc).
The letter starts like this:

'Thank you for your application for a !!Registration Certificate!! as confirmation of a right of residence in the UK as a jobseeker or worker who is not subject to worker authorisation as the dependant of a Romanian who is not subject to worker authorisation, etc'.

Is this right? On the UKBA website the registration certificate and the residence card are two different categories. We also made the application on form EEA2 as required. I am a bit confused now.. don't know what to think.

We are a couple since august 2008 and moved in together one month later.
We have applied in the past for a Certificate of Approval for Marriage and sent affidavits and all the documents required, got married and now we're expecting his RC.

Do we have to prove that we have been living together for a minimum of 24 months? I think we only have around 20. Is this gonna be a problem?

We are also waiting for our first baby, Will this help his case if we send all the documents from the doctor?

Did anyone receive this kind of letter ?

Thank you all for being so supportive.

Regards,
Ally