ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier2 to tier1 inform employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daisy80

tier2 to tier1 inform employer

Post by daisy80 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi,
I have applied for tier1.

I am currently on tier2 .

if get the tier1 visa when should inform my current employer.

As the per guidance on home office website states.

If you stop sponsoring them for any other reason (for example, if they move into a immigration category with a different sponsor or one that that does not need a sponsor, or their permission to stay in the United Kingdom ends because their course of study ends), you must tell us within 10 working days.*

Guys pls advise

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:00 pm

daisy80

re:tier2 to tier1 inform employer

Post by daisy80 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Ramesh,

I checked with the links.

could not find much help

guys pls could you advise.

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm

I wanted to drive you to this point:
ECB10.5 Applying for another visa but in a different category:
An applicant may hold more than one valid entry clearance, for example a regular traveller already holding a longer period multiple visit visa can be issued with a visa for another purpose. When issuing a second visa, the applicant should be advised to explain to the Immigration Officer on arrival in which capacity he/she is seeking entry to the UK.
1. If the above is true.. you can continue to work on our Tier2(G) visa till it is valid and once you go back to ur home country you can come back to UK on ur own on Tier1(G) and as said above you should explain to the Immg officer on which capacity you are seeking entry to the UK
so in this case you dont need to even inform your current employer;

2. Unless if once you get Tier1(G) Visa in UK and if HO stamps your Tier2(G) visa as cancelled, which i never heard; than you might need to inform your Office; But there are some offices which are not worried about the type of visa you are on as long as you have valid visa to work n live in UK and where HR is not too concerned to check the Visa or expiry and type of visa u r working on..

So, wait for your Tier1(G) Visa to arrive based on the situation you can act accordingly to go ahead as per option for 1 or 2..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: tier2 to tier1 inform employer

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:19 pm

daisy80 wrote:Hi,
I have applied for tier1.

I am currently on tier2 .

if get the tier1 visa when should inform my current employer.
As soon as you get your Tier 1 (Genreal) leave to remain.

Why - you are giving up the need for sponsorship to work in the UK. And your employer must inform UKBA when a sponsorship is terminated / no longer required.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:22 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:I wanted to drive you to this point:
An applicant may hold more than one valid entry clearance, for example a regular traveller already holding a longer period multiple visit visa can be issued with a visa for another purpose. When issuing a second visa, the applicant should be advised to explain to the Immigration Officer on arrival in which capacity he/she is seeking entry to the UK.
1. If the above is true.. you can continue to work on our Tier2(G) visa till it is valid and once you go back to ur home country you can come back to UK on ur own on Tier1(G) and as said above you should explain to the Immg officer on which capacity you are seeking entry to the UK

2. Unless if once you get Tier1(G) Visa in UK and if HO stamps your Tier2(G) visa as cancelled, which i never heard; than you might need to inform your Office; But there are some offices which are not worried about the type of visa you are on as long as you have valid visa to work n live in UK and where HR is not too concerned to check the Visa or expiry and type of visa u r working on..

So, wait for your Tier1(G) Visa to arrive based on the situation you can act accordingly to go ahead as per option for 1 or 2..
Not entirely correct interpretation of ECB10.5. Remember that ECB10.5 deals with leave to enter (EC) only and not with leave to remain. This should always be kept in mind before suggesting relevance to it.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:I wanted to drive you to this point:

Not entirely correct interpreation of ECB10.5. Remember that ECB10.5 deals with leave to enter (EC) and not with leave to remain. This should always be kept in mind.
i was not sure so mentioned that.. thanks

daisy80

re:tier2 to tier1 inform employer

Post by daisy80 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi,

I have got my tier1 visa approved today in uk at Solihull PEO.

Please note i am currently in uk on tier2 visa.

as per the homeoffice letter my new visa which valid is tier1 general.

should i now inform the employer abt my new tier1 visa.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: re:tier2 to tier1 inform employer

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:45 pm

daisy80 wrote:Hi,

I have got my tier1 visa approved today in uk at Solihull PEO.

Please note i am currently in uk on tier2 visa.

as per the homeoffice letter my new visa which valid is tier1 general.

should i now inform the employer abt my new tier1 visa.
Yes, you should inform your employer

BECAUSE: please see "sushd's" 1st reply above..