ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Check/Stamp on Travelling by Ferry

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiggs

Immigration Check/Stamp on Travelling by Ferry

Post by tiggs » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi There,
Me sister is non-visa required national. She is planning to visit us for couple of months and travel around europe.
Question i have is, we planning to travel using Ferry from Dublin to Liverpool. And than back . She want to stay around 4 months in Ireland and travel around europe.

She is allowed 3 months max at one time. If we left the country before hand and comes back again to Ireland. Will she have any issues. We are planning to take our car along to mainland europe. We be using Ferry.

On the way back to Dublin is there an immigration desk, where we can get her passport stamped.

She is not planning to stay more than 4 months.

Any input be of great help.

Regards
Tiggs

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:21 am

She is allowed 3 months max at one time. If we left the country before hand and comes back again to Ireland
Yes she is allowed to live in ireland for 90 days for visit/travel purpose but if you leave the country before 90 days and come back you should have a legitimate reason so answer is yes,

On the way back to Dublin is there an immigration desk, where we can get her passport stamped.
to enter ireland via ferry port or airport there would be immigration people and your passport would be stamped.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 am

If her visa is valid for 3 months and its single entry then if she leaves Ireland then she can't re enter on the same visa..

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 am

rebel82 wrote:If her visa is valid for 3 months and its single entry then if she leaves Ireland then she can't re enter on the same visa..
tiggs wrote:Me sister is non-visa required national.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 am

Ben wrote:
rebel82 wrote:If her visa is valid for 3 months and its single entry then if she leaves Ireland then she can't re enter on the same visa..
tiggs wrote:Me sister is non-visa required national.
Sorry I forgot about that part

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks everyone for reply. Sorry was away all day, just now got the time to reply.

Has any of the buddies online this forum ( Visa required or NoN Visa required / Non EU), travelled through ferry and got their passport stamped?

Just want to make sure, This is me first trip on Ferry.. so am not sure.. Airport i know has immigration.

Regards
Tiggs

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Entering the UK from Ireland via ferry - no passport checking..

Entering Ireland from the UK via ferry - possibility of passport checking (has happened to us one out of five times).

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Thanks a mill for quick reply Ben.

And last question.. Since she is going to stay 90 days. Do i need to go to GNIB and get her registered? My mum-in-law ( Non visa required national) visited few years back in 07 and was given 1 month stamp and was told to register with GNIB if she want to stay longer. Well she stayed with us for around 40 odd days. I tried contacted GNIB in person ( as we live in countryside) After few attempts i was told off, That since She is NON- VISA required national, she can stay 90 days without registered with GNIB...
But in other instances i have heard otherwise.. where NON-VISA requried national had to register with GNIB even if they just wanted to stay 90 days.

Any comments on that ?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
Tiggs

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:48 pm

GNIB officers at Irish ports of entry are authorised to give Stamp 3 for up to three months.

If your sister is staying for 90 days, Stamp 3 for three months will suffice. No visit to the GNIB needed.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Has any of the buddies online this forum ( Visa required or NoN Visa required / Non EU), travelled through ferry and got their passport stamped?
My brother went to UK by ferry with his mates and he was checked at UK port. the officer got all of the passports and went to his office and took 30 mins to verify, and again passports were stamped in ireland on the way back.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:28 pm

zafarzafar wrote:My brother went to UK by ferry with his mates and he was checked at UK port. the officer got all of the passports and went to his office and took 30 mins to verify, and again passports were stamped in ireland on the way back.
That's interesting. Especially since the UK says passports aren't required for movement among the Common Travel Area:
UKBA wrote:The United Kingdom currently makes no routine immigration checks on passenger travel within the CTA, and passengers are not required to carry a passport or national identity document for immigration purposes.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:43 pm

tiggs wrote:Thanks a mill for quick reply Ben.

And last question.. Since she is going to stay 90 days. Do i need to go to GNIB and get her registered? My mum-in-law ( Non visa required national) visited few years back in 07 and was given 1 month stamp and was told to register with GNIB if she want to stay longer. Well she stayed with us for around 40 odd days. I tried contacted GNIB in person ( as we live in countryside) After few attempts i was told off, That since She is NON- VISA required national, she can stay 90 days without registered with GNIB...
But in other instances i have heard otherwise.. where NON-VISA requried national had to register with GNIB even if they just wanted to stay 90 days.

Any comments on that ?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
Tiggs
My non-visa required parents visited in 2007 and were given 1 month (written in passport) as they were planning on staying 5 days.
My brother came to visit my husband and I late last year and I noticed they'd placed a stamp in his passport which contained the text "permitted to remain for 3 months etc" which meant the guard didn't need to write anything in his passport. I'd not seen this stamp before as everyone else who has come to visit has had the other stamp where the guard has written in the permitted length of stay. I've noticed apparent visitors getting through immigration a lot quicker these days too.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks everyone for Feedback.
Regards
Tiggs