ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vocational / Professional study recognition

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madhanv
Newly Registered

Post by madhanv » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:27 pm

Dear All,

It has been a tough time since I have started the process of completing my HSMP documents to be sent to HO.

I do not hold a valid university degree but have a numerous professional certifications and memberships. Especially membership with British Computer Society and having CISA, CISSP, PMP.

I am sick and tired of finding a route to recognize these as a fulfilling qualification which equates HSMPs Academic requirement.

NARIC is not doing any process for these kind of qualifications. BCS and likes are not interested in giving authorised letters saying it equates the University level of study although it really does.

Can anyone help me get thru this bad time?

Replies will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks in advance.

Wishes...

Madhan

majic

Post by majic » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:30 pm

Please be clear that Point for Education are for Either Univeristy Degree (Eq. to UK Degree) or for Certifciations like Pakistani or Indian CA and ACCA.

I can tell u that with CISA, CISSP and PMP you can not achive what u r looking for.

rvg
Newly Registered

Post by rvg » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:47 pm

Hi Madhnav

If the vocational courses that you have mentioned are from the UK, then check out their level from the QCA - Qualification & Curiculum Authority, as it will not be validated by the NARIC. The QCA maintains a database of a lot of vocational courses & colleges in the UK awarding diploma certificates. A QCA level-5 diploma is treated by HSMP like Master degree & will yield you 25pts. Following are the links -
http://www.qca.org.uk/
http://www.openquals.org.uk/openquals/S ... px?nav=key

Good Luck

Regards

rvg

rvg
Newly Registered

Post by rvg » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:59 pm

Hi Madhnav

If the vocational courses that you have mentioned are from the UK, then check out their level from the QCA - Qualification & Curiculum Authority, as it will not be validated by the NARIC. The QCA maintains a database of a lot of vocational courses & colleges in the UK awarding diploma certificates. A QCA level-5 diploma is treated by HSMP like Master degree & will yield you 25pts. Following are the links -
http://www.qca.org.uk/
http://www.openquals.org.uk/openquals/S ... px?nav=key

Good Luck

Regards

rvg

HSMP_Sonu
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_Sonu » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:06 pm

Does anyone know if HSMP takes into consideration Aptech Courses offered in India. Aptech courses are NCC - NAtional Computing Center certified courses and it is mentioned on their certificates.

I have 4 semesters marksheets from Aptech. Does it equate to any UK qualification for me to be able to claim any points ?

Thanks in Advance
Sonu

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:40 pm

HSMP_Sonu,

Aptech courses may not be recognized.

In India, the qualifications should be from a university recognised by UGC (University Grants Commission). In case of Engineering, I think AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education) recognition will be ok.

vivekR

Professional Qual

Post by vivekR » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:01 pm

Hello Moderators,

Kindly advise if the following will be accepted under equivalency to graduation. It is professional qualification. A Merchant vessel's chief officer issued by the DOT. Following obtained from the Naric's equivalent details:

Qualification details
The higher levels of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) have been revised and information on the changes is available here.

Reference: 100/4313/5

EDEXCEL Level 5 BTEC Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science.
It says Level 5 for the HND.

Moderators please advise.

Cheers
raj

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:04 am

How can the QCA levels comparision we check in HSMP like level 5 is eqv. to masters degree? Level 4 could be bachelors degree etc.

Plz suggest.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

amitmahendra
Newly Registered

Post by amitmahendra » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:02 pm

Kindly advise if the following will be accepted under equivalency to graduation.

1) I hold a Class 1 Master's certificate of competency issued by Maritime and coastguard agency in 2004. Can this be considered for equivalency to graduation, basis the fact that I did HND (as mentioned in point 2) n then completed 18 months of seatime (work exposure), then gave my exams for Class 1 Master's

and / or

2) I have a EDEXCEL Level 5 BTEC Higher National Diploma in Nautical Science. It says Level 5 for the HND. Can this be accepted under equivalency to graduation.

3) Whom should I contact to get a confirmation letter of same in order to
support my appliction for HSMP

Constant

Re: Vocational / Professional study recognition

Post by Constant » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 pm

The best thing to do is write to the professional bodies that assess the professional qualifications and ask them to produce a letter which shows the equivalency. You do not need a NARIC letter for UK qualifications. Please note that the HO accepts letters from "appropriate" professional bodies when NARIC does not apply (ie UK qualiications).

[quote="madhanv"]Dear All,

It has been a tough time since I have started the process of completing my HSMP documents to be sent to HO.

I do not hold a valid university degree but have a numerous professional certifications and memberships. Especially membership with British Computer Society and having CISA, CISSP, PMP.

I am sick and tired of finding a route to recognize these as a fulfilling qualification which equates HSMPs Academic requirement.

NARIC is not doing any process for these kind of qualifications. BCS and likes are not interested in giving authorised letters saying it equates the University level of study although it really does.

Can anyone help me get thru this bad time?

Replies will be appreciated greatly.

Thanks in advance.

Wishes...

Madhan[/quote]
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.