ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent --- Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dkalra1981

Urgent --- Please help

Post by dkalra1981 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 am

Hi

I'm on a Tier 1 General Migrant Visa. My parents want to visit UK so that they can meet us.

I noticed that on my father's passport he has got the first name as V**** Kumar and the last name field is blank. On my passport, under the father's name and on my mother's passport under the husband's name, we have got the full name V**** Kumar Kalra. Also, on all his documents i.e. Income Tax Returns, Bank Statements, PAN, Rashion Card, Licence it is V**** Kumar Kalra.

I just wanted to know will that be a concern. Also, when filling the Family Visitor application form do we need to mention the last name or leave it as blank.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Deepak

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 am

For visitors visa it should not be a problem

for filling ur fathers application form.. fill it as per passport...

wait for more advices..

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks for the reply Ramesh.

Can anyone else reply to this who have come across with this issue.?

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Deepak

natarajmb
Newly Registered

Post by natarajmb » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 am

When i had applied for my initial entry I had produced a affidavit saying all forms of name represented in different documents are the same.

Coz in south few of us have intial's and no family name that was case with me. All my educational documents said my name with initials and my passport as my initials expanded as my surname and my bank documents had my name and my last initial which is my fathers name name expanded dropping first initial letter which is again different. so it safer to take a affidavit to prove it i think, that's what i had done.

my two pence
Cheers!

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 am

Sure mate. Have you got any template? Also, I guess affidavits are made on currency letters. Can you please tell me on which currency note letter (Rs 5/10/50/100) we need to make an affidavit?

Many thanks

Deepak

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Anyone please reply!!!!

I'm still not 100% sure what to do?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 am

OK the name on the passport is taken as the "official" name. If you are filling out any form then it MUST be same as in your passport.

If there is some sort of inconsistency e.g some documents has just initial or have different first name or surname , whatever the case, then you must make sure that it is clarified in your covering letter.

The problem arises when you miss any names e.g middle name etc. As long as all the names are mentioned in your application then you will be fine.

i have applied for extension of student visa earlier with dfferent first/given names on my university documents and on my passport and there wasnt any problem

Hope it helps

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:40 am

dkalra1981 wrote:Sure mate. Have you got any template? Also, I guess affidavits are made on currency letters. Can you please tell me on which currency note letter (Rs 5/10/50/100) we need to make an affidavit?

Many thanks

Deepak
It is not a currency note letter but a stamp paper!

People who make the affidavits know which stamp paper is needed for which affidavit. And they have all the templates they need.

Find one and all you'll need to do is spell the name(s) and pay the money. He will do the rest.

regards

dkalra1981

Post by dkalra1981 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:37 am

Thanks a lot for helping me out...

Regards

Deepak Kalra