ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

old passport

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

justdopposite

old passport

Post by justdopposite » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi

I just applied for a tier 4 student visa. I want to know one thing. Is it mandatory to submit the old passport while applying for a tier 4 visa ? Because apparently, the rule says .. submit your current passport and any of your previous passport if you have used it to enter the UK before.

my old passport was taken when i was a child and it expired 10 yrs back and I haven't travelled to the UK ever before using my old passport.

I'm confused right now since I have a doubt that I may have used it ( ie; just attached with my current passport) while i first applied to come to uk last year.

Am I in trouble now ?? plz help ,thank you

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:47 pm

I honestly don't understand what you have written but you should mention your old passport in the form even if you haven't travelled on it and then submit the copies of it if you still have it with you. The bottom line is, just be honest.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: old passport

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:23 am

justdopposite wrote:if you have used it to enter the UK before
Essentially means:
1. used the passport to apply for UK visa and after being granted visa travelled to UK using that (old) passport.
2. have a UK visa in that (old) passport.

Which you did not. Attaching old passport with a current one (that has UK visa) doesn't mean that you have used the old passport to enter UK.

regards

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 pm

@ sushdmehta ..Thank you very much. I appreciate the insight.

@Pakhtoon .. I've been honest mate. I have submitted all the documents to the best of my understanding after reading the guidelines over n over again. I had to print another form after I found in the latest guidelines that the old passport is not required, if I haven't used it to travel to UK.