ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 4 student extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sureshjawaji
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 4 student extension

Post by sureshjawaji » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi,

I am in UK and applying for Tier 4 student extension soon. Please provide me your comments on my question below

After I came to UK for the first 6 months I didn't get the job so didn't work any where. But after that for the last 6-8 months I have been working 30-35 hours per week. Since every where my NI number is registered so my working hours would have got logged and can be known to UK embassy.

When I am goning to apply my student extension is the extra working hours going to make any effect on getting the extension.

Any one who had already had the same situaition or any of your friends had this situation Please let me know about there student extension status.

Thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:43 pm

If you have broken the law and worked in breach of your student conditions, then you are right to worry.

You are only allowed to work twenty hours a week in term time unless it is part of your course to work.

You know the truth of the situation.

If you break the law you should be prepared to face the consequences.

Have you been studying?