ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahul.mehta
Newly Registered

ILR Query

Post by rahul.mehta » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:37 pm

I'm a Doctor and have a HSMP visa (1+4)years which is going to expire on 13 april 2010 ( HSMP applied on 15 April 2005). I wish to apply for ILR on the basis of HSMP (5 years in UK).

I am married to a British citizen but rather than converting to the dependent visa, I have continued using HSMP. I left my job on 28/12/2009 to take care of my child and before that I was on maternity leave from 29/12/2008 to 1/09/2009.

I will be applying for new jobs in next few months to start in september this year. I can prove that I have savings enough to support myself until that period ie until September 2010.

Even though at present I am not in a job, can I still apply for ILR using my HSMP visa?

If I do any locum jobs in interim will that support my case of applying for ILR?
Could you please answer both questions especially if doing locum jobs would help support my case.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Query

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:40 pm

rahul.mehta wrote:If I do any locum jobs in interim will that support my case of applying for ILR?
Definitely yes!

regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Query

Post by f2k » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:05 pm

rahul.mehta wrote:I'm a Doctor and have a HSMP visa (1+4)years which is going to expire on 13 april 2010 ( HSMP applied on 15 April 2005). I wish to apply for ILR on the basis of HSMP (5 years in UK).

I am married to a British citizen but rather than converting to the dependent visa, I have continued using HSMP. I left my job on 28/12/2009 to take care of my child and before that I was on maternity leave from 29/12/2008 to 1/09/2009.

I will be applying for new jobs in next few months to start in september this year. I can prove that I have savings enough to support myself until that period ie until September 2010.

Even though at present I am not in a job, can I still apply for ILR using my HSMP visa?

If I do any locum jobs in interim will that support my case of applying for ILR?
Could you please answer both questions especially if doing locum jobs would help support my case.
I hope you are aware that you can apply for ILR after 4years rather than 5 seeing that you applied for HSMP in 2005

rahul.mehta
Newly Registered

Post by rahul.mehta » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:09 pm

>>
I hope you are aware that you can apply for ILR after 4years rather than 5 seeing that you applied for HSMP in 2005
>>

Is that correct ?

I came to UK on permit free training visa in November 2001.

In 2005, I then applied for HSMP and got approval letter dated 24 March 2005. The HSMP was for one year. I then applied for extension of HSMP and got the approval letter dated 15 April 2006. The HSMP was granted for four years on 27 April 2006 and will expire on 13 April 2010.

Does my case fall under the HSMP judicial review and therefore I would have been eligible after four years of stay rather than five years? If that is the case, can I get a backdated ILR ?

What is the best way forward ? Surely, even though I have't been working in the last 3 months of my 5 years stay in UK, they should be looking at the whole rather than just last 3 months ?

Any advice is appreciated.

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:34 am

Its better you do some kind of job , even part time or locum will serves the purpose and file you application for ILR and there is special section in ILR for JR applicants. Hopefully you will get ur ILR on 4 yrs basis. You donot need to any extra to get ur ILR letter back dated. Just fill in your application properly and HO send you back dated letter along with a letter explaining the date when you are due for nationalization.
Regards
Olive
rahul.mehta wrote:>>
>>

Is that correct ?

I came to UK on permit free training visa in November 2001.

In 2005, I then applied for HSMP and got approval letter dated 24 March 2005. The HSMP was for one year. I then applied for extension of HSMP and got the approval letter dated 15 April 2006. The HSMP was granted for four years on 27 April 2006 and will expire on 13 April 2010.

Does my case fall under the HSMP judicial review and therefore I would have been eligible after four years of stay rather than five years? If that is the case, can I get a backdated ILR ?

What is the best way forward ? Surely, even though I have't been working in the last 3 months of my 5 years stay in UK, they should be looking at the whole rather than just last 3 months ?

Any advice is appreciated.