ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Me ILR, wife Tier 1 - can I inc both in Naturalisation app?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anandsun

Me ILR, wife Tier 1 - can I inc both in Naturalisation app?

Post by anandsun » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Hello,
Had this query on naturalisation and I am hoping someone can help.
I am on ILR qualifying for naturalisation in a month's time. My wife is on Tier 1. Can I include both of our application when I apply for Naturalisation? I understand that my wife doesnt satisfy the conditions for naturalisation, but would they issue her with a spouse visa and me with naturalisation? That way I dont have to make 2 different applications.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Me ILR, wife Tier 1 - can I inc both in Naturalisation a

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 pm

anandsun wrote:Hello,
Had this query on naturalisation and I am hoping someone can help.
I am on ILR qualifying for naturalisation in a month's time. My wife is on Tier 1. Can I include both of our application when I apply for Naturalisation? I understand that my wife doesnt satisfy the conditions for naturalisation, but would they issue her with a spouse visa and me with naturalisation? That way I dont have to make 2 different applications.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.
As you are aware your wife does not satisfy the conditions so she will be refused. The nationality dept only deal with naturalisation.

When is your wife due for ILR, how long has she been in UK on Tier1/HSMP/WP? If she has more than 2years to go b4 ILR then I suggest she considers switching to spouse visa sooner rather than later. Remember she can get spouse visa because you have ILR.

anandsun

Post by anandsun » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi f2k,

Thanks for your post.
Due to the circumstances we were in last year, my ILR and my wife's Tier 1 extensions were applied for at the same time. So she has another 2 years to go before she qualifies for ILR. And assuming the rules dont change by then, another year to qualify for naturalisation. So in all 3 years.

If she applies for a spouse once my Naturalisation application is successful, she becomes the spouse of a BC and thereby as soon as she gets her ILR, she can apply for naturalisation too - so in all 2 years (an year quicker compared to the previous option).

Is my understanding correct?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Under the current rules Yes your wife would be able to apply the day she gets ILR as she will be spouse of BC. The rules are changing though from sometime next year an i am not sure what the position will be then