ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ash210

Bank Statement

Post by ash210 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Hi all,
Need some advice from you who can
i have ordered last one years bank statement march 09 to feb 10 and they are on original hsbc stationary and have my name,address,sort code, and account number on it but on the top it says " duplicate"
my question is is that still counted as original or printout? and do i need a covering letter from bank?
and if yes what should i ask them to write on it?
for the last 11 days i am attaching the print outs from the bank.
please let me know your thoughts
Regards

vks

Re: Bank Statement

Post by vks » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 pm

ash210 wrote:Hi all,
i have ordered last one years bank statement march 09 to feb 10 and they are on original hsbc stationary and have my name,address,sort code, and account number on it but on the top it says " duplicate"
my question is is that still counted as original or printout? and do i need a covering letter from bank?
Regards
If the statement is on Bank letter head, though duplicate, it is valid as per guidance. For the print out, you should get it stamped from the bank
Regards,
vks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am

my question is is that still counted as original or printout?
and do i need a covering letter from bank?
Regards
Yes they are counted as ORIGINAL's from the BANK.. i submitted few statements in the same way with the same bank..

ash210

Post by ash210 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Regards
Yes they are counted as ORIGINAL's from the BANK.. i submitted few statements in the same way with the same bank..
Thanks ramesh for your reply
do i need a covering letter for the last 10 days statement? as i need one for 20fe to 28feb which is after the statement date and i have a pay in that
and plz what should be on that letter? as hsbc said they will write anything on that as long as its true
regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:15 pm

ash210 wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
Regards
Thanks ramesh for your reply
do i need a covering letter for the last 10 days statement? as i need one for 20fe to 28feb which is after the statement date and i have a pay in that
and plz what should be on that letter? as hsbc said they will write anything on that as long as its true
regards
For the printouts/ Electronic bankstatements falling in the Maintenance funds period.. Get the bankstatements Signed/stamped on each page, which should be enough. no letter is required..

Letter is required only when your account is online account and not regular bank account..

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Regards
if possible - its advisable to go to the bank and get the same done personally on bank letterhead paper.

It is always easier for the case worker to work on something thats kept plain n simple rather than confusing him or her.

So I would say that you get prints done and sign stamped from bank staff and then go ahead..

Good luck!

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Regards
I had same and all went fine.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.