ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife accuses Minister over deportation of husband

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IrishTom
BANNED

Wife accuses Minister over deportation of husband

Post by IrishTom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:41 pm

THE IRISH wife of a Nigerian asylum seeker has accused Minister for Justice Dermot Ahern of “not praying to the same Godâ€

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:13 pm

I think the genuine spouse should not be deported, its unfair with the wife here. alot of nigerians burden on the state are enjoying life from years and years and nothing happen to them so why this man is penelized.
arsalan

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Nothing more to say, its all in this
http://irelandsreversediscrimination.wordpress.com/

[quote]
3) The spouse of an EU citizen has an automatic right of entry and residence to Ireland, The Spouse of an Irish citizen does not..Since the removal of Post Nuptial Citizenship, and the exemption to register was removed from Irish families.This has, in effect taken all their rights and dignity away. They are now forced to register as aliens, have their finger prints taken, and photographed in the arrest area of the Garda station. The Irish-born Citizen must also attend the Garda station.

There is another unanswered serious concern, what happens to the widow and young family of an Irishman after his death. Have the above draconian measures also taken away their right to remain in Ireland. Whereas EU directive 2004/38/EC provides for autonomous right of residence of family members of EU citizens in the case of the death of the Union Citizen. The only answer I received from an Irish Official to this question, was Err..Umm… we will consider it, when it happens, on an individual basis. This is not satisfactory, and gives cause for concern.

Remember before Micheal McDowell, these Irish Family rights, quote “Certain non-nationals are exempted from the registration requirement. The exemptions include children under 16 and the female spouses or widows of Irish citizensâ€

koded

Post by koded » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:47 pm

I will like to ask this question because I am still baffled with this issue of deportation on spouse of Irish citizen.
Can someone who is illegal in the state (Ireland) allowed to marry in Ireland? if so why do they want to deport someone who they allowed to get marry in their country irrespective of their status.
I have read that government of Ireland is campagining to allow them deport other spouse of eu citizen.
Why not first tackle or amend their constitution if that is a law. this will save them from the so called sham marriages and people who are legally married will not live in fear of going to be deported someday.
Maybe someone who understand this better can explain to me. I know in other Eu countries you have to be legal in the country before you can allow to get married. Or should go back to your home country to do the marriage.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:56 pm

A sham marriage carries no rights in EU law.
If its a sham marriage then charge and convict. follow due process.

You do not attack all families, like Ahern is doing.
This is not justice.

There must be fair due process. Everyone deserves it.
Irish Family and marriage most of all.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:02 pm

deported back to his country is right because thats the law anyway he could come back soon because he the husband of the iris citizen.

irishtom can i ask you this as well

5 years waiting for naturalisation and 3 years in a limbo if youll ever get citizenship even though you came here LEGALLY as a worker, now with family paying tax and still working,mortgage, used to the life here. (adapted to become irish) do i have to wait long without peace of mind knowing that if i get a speeding ticket i might not be naturalised.

Right or Wrong?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:06 pm

smalltime wrote: 5 years waiting for naturalisation and 3 years in a limbo if youll ever get citizenship even though you came here LEGALLY as a worker, now with family paying tax and still working,mortgage, used to the life here. (adapted to become irish) do i have to wait long without peace of mind knowing that if i get a speeding ticket i might not be naturalised.
I would only give Irish citizenship to those who are of Irish ancestery.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:12 pm

IrishTom wrote:
smalltime wrote: 5 years waiting for naturalisation and 3 years in a limbo if youll ever get citizenship even though you came here LEGALLY as a worker, now with family paying tax and still working,mortgage, used to the life here. (adapted to become irish) do i have to wait long without peace of mind knowing that if i get a speeding ticket i might not be naturalised.
Then I suppose you think all those Irish Americans should be sent back home then eh?

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:26 pm

reminds my of the Irish ballard "The Fields of Athenry" except
its a real Irish family behind it, in 2010, and its Athlone

You could not make it up...

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:46 pm

acme4242 wrote:reminds my of the Irish ballard "The Fields of Athenry" except

Yes, deporting a failed asylum seeker back to his country of origin is similar to the transportation of an Irish man to Australia for petty theft. :lol:

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:20 pm

zafarzafar wrote:I think the genuine spouse should not be deported, its unfair with the wife here. alot of nigerians burden on the state are enjoying life from years and years and nothing happen to them so why this man is penelized.
Because prior to 2003, the Minister saw the right of an Irish Children more important / significant than a non irish national marrying an irish person, when
(a) THat non Irish person SOLE permission to remain in the State is to apply for asylum and then leave if refuses
(b) The couple marry knowing full well that the legal position of the non Irish National is not definite ie had not got refugee status yet and is potentially liable for a deportation order

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:21 pm

IrishTom wrote:
ladies and gentlemen all i can say is just read this post from irishtom and you will know what kind of person he is.

I have a lot of irish friends and been telling this to them about irishtom and guess what they told me....

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:23 pm

IrishTom wrote: Yes, deporting a failed asylum seeker back to his country of origin is similar to the transportation of an Irish man to Australia for petty theft. :lol:
yes, of course Ahern would use the words "unemployed Insurgent with criminal conviction"

When Ahern considers it acceptable to implement reverse discrimination against the Irish, and makes decisions based on class or race, and considers the Irish family somehow less worthy, its exactly like the earlier administration.

Last edited by acme4242 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:24 pm

smalltime wrote: ladies and gentlemen all i can say is just read this post from irishtom and you will know what kind of person he is.

I have a lot of irish friends and been telling this to them about irishtom and guess what they told me....
43 nations operate the exact same polciy, including the economic powerhouse that is Japan.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 pm

I am amused by this comparison, care to explain? THe European Court on Human Rights have dealt with these type cases for years, and see no problem with this occuring when there are no Unreasonable obstacles in the way for expecting a couple to live elsewhere.

No rights in the Constitution are absolute and the state are fearful that it will have a serious knock on effect. Look at the difference in the nationality of the spouse who non EU/Irish tend to marry - you won't be surprised to see it being an EU citizen exercising EU rights in Ireland.

Its harsh, but, no doubt they had some form of legal advice and they are likely to have been told that getting married would not guarantee status, they knew or should have known the risks before getting married. Wonder was there a deportation order before the marriage?

If its genuine, I hope they can do something. Running to R&R ain't gonna help though, and definitely won't get sympathy from many. There definitely needs to be legislation in relation to this, the Minister has far too much discretion and despite courts, are not really accountable
Last edited by walrusgumble on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:26 pm

IrishTom wrote:

Yes, deporting a failed asylum seeker back to his country of origin is similar to the transportation of an Irish man to Australia for petty theft. :lol:
Actually its worse because this man committed no crime.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:30 pm

sovtek wrote:
IrishTom wrote:

You miss the point. Yes its worse because their is no crime. But Fields of Athenry were about a foreign nation deporting an Irish person from their lands and relocating (nicest word i can think of atmo) to another country.

All Ireland is doing, like any other country is returning a foreign national back to their country

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm

sovtek wrote:Actually its worse because this man committed no crime.
He is a failed asylum seeker. Ergo he has to be deported. You do believe in border controls, right?

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:35 pm

IrishTom wrote:
He is a failed asylum seeker. Ergo he has to be deported. You do believe in border controls, right?
Nope especially when they are manned by idiots that don't know where Nigeria is much less it's political situation.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:35 pm

acme4242 wrote:
IrishTom wrote: Yes, deporting a failed asylum seeker back to his country of origin is similar to the transportation of an Irish man to Australia for petty theft. :lol:
yes, of course Ahern would use the words "unemployed Insurgent with criminal conviction"

When Ahern considers it acceptable to implement reverse discrimination against the Irish, and makes decisions based on class or race, and considers the Irish family somehow less worthy, its exactly like the earlier administration.

I don't think its got anything to do with race, colour etc. Its because of their LEGAL STATUS. The same would occur if the non national was American who has no entitlement to Irish/EU citizenship (i wonder though)

If you look at INIS, it has, for years made its position very clear on this position. So why get married if you think that will help you get status, why go through with all the crap? Love? please, normally yes, but be honest, how many consider that (ie genuine ones) Ye don't need to be married to be in a loving relationship?

Seriously though, for point of valid and decent debate, can anyone point out any countries that accept illegal non nationals residency on basis of marriage?

It is sickening though with the reserve discrimination when you happen to be from a visa required country and treated with suspicion, even if that spouse was legal in their own right before marriage

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:37 pm

sovtek wrote:
Nope especially when they are manned by idiots that don't know where Nigeria is much less it's political situation.
Another open borders cretin. It has been proved that 99.9% of Nigerians claiming asylum are bogus. Vast throngs of them were given an amnesty under the IBC scam.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:41 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
sovtek wrote:
IrishTom wrote:

You miss the point. Yes its worse because their is no crime. But Fields of Athenry were about a foreign nation deporting an Irish person from their lands and relocating (nicest word i can think of atmo) to another country.

All Ireland is doing, like any other country is returning a foreign national back to their country
I'm joking but "all Ireland is doing" is not only incarcerating a man indefinately and then deporting him against his will but also breaching the rights of a citizen of this country to associate freely.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:42 pm

sovtek wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
Sovek, not all parts of Nigeria are in complete poltical melt down! Not enough to show persecution/serious harm. Several other countries such as UK (in fairness may be a weak example in relation to Nigeria) and Canada have found that if state protection is REASONABLY possible then one does not merit protection from another country. See the experts texts from likes of Hathaway. Secondly, court from other countries have found that state protection need not be perfect

Look what UN Reports, UK home Office, US Dept of State, Canadia. Where is the proof of complete national meltdown?

It does not help when the applicant is not capable of giving coherent, plausible and credible evidence either.

So you are saying Judges of Supreme Courts, who at one point and time have served in either European Court of Justice, European Court of First Instance and or European Court on Human Rights are idiots that know nothing about Nigeria and Africa? Right :roll:

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 pm

But Fields of Athenry were about a foreign nation deporting an Irish person from their lands and relocating (nicest word i can think of atmo) to another country
Really, actually, the wee place was part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
Micheal, who disowned his UK citizenship was an alien to the Crown, who ran the then Department of Justice Equality and law reform.

He was not deported, he was relocated... fair enough, I'll give you that one.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

walrusgumble wrote:
acme4242 wrote:

I don't think its got anything to do with race, colour etc. Its because of their LEGAL STATUS. The same would occur if the non national was American who has no entitlement to Irish/EU citizenship (i wonder though)

If you look at INIS, it has, for years made its position very clear on this position. So why get married if you think that will help you get status, why go through with all the crap? Love? please, normally yes, but be honest, how many consider that (ie genuine ones) Ye don't need to be married to be in a loving relationship?

Seriously though, for point of valid and decent debate, can anyone point out any countries that accept illegal non nationals residency on basis of marriage?

It is sickening though with the reserve discrimination when you happen to be from a visa required country and treated with suspicion, even if that spouse was legal in their own right before marriage
So you believe a person right to marry should be based upon nationality?
I am in fact in a relationship with an Irish national and have " no right to citizenship". You will see what will happen if there is an attempt to seperate us against our will.