ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension(Tier 1) -Queries In Main and Dep. Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsrao
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension(Tier 1) -Queries In Main and Dep. Application

Post by nsrao » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Dear Admin,
I am applying for HSMP extensions under Tier 1.I have some queries.

In Tier 1 Main Application there are the following questions.

1) Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?
City:

I had applied for entry clearance at VFS Singapore in year 2008.But in my passport On Entry clearance stamp the place of issue is Kuala Lumpur (As EC stamping for Singapore applications are processing from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
So, I am not clear which place do I have to write (Either Singapore or Kuala Lumpur) for above question.

2) What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

Is it the date when I was received my Entry Clearance or the date which is there on the EC stamp in my passport?

In Tier 1 Dependent Application there is following question. This question is under fingerprints section.

1) Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad:

Does it mean the VFS office address where I applied for EC?

Please help me.

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: HSMP Extension(Tier 1) -Queries In Main and Dep. Applica

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 am

I am not Admin and hope you will accept my answers which are found inline.
nsrao wrote:Dear Admin,
I am applying for HSMP extensions under Tier 1.I have some queries.

In Tier 1 Main Application there are the following questions.

1) Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?
City:

I had applied for entry clearance at VFS Singapore in year 2008.But in my passport On Entry clearance stamp the place of issue is Kuala Lumpur (As EC stamping for Singapore applications are processing from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).
So, I am not clear which place do I have to write (Either Singapore or Kuala Lumpur) for above question.

You will write Kuala Lumpur

2) What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

Is it the date when I was received my Entry Clearance or the date which is there on the EC stamp in my passport?

The start date on your entry clearance

In Tier 1 Dependent Application there is following question. This question is under fingerprints section.

1) Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad:

Does it mean the VFS office address where I applied for EC?

No, you will write it as British Consulate/High Commision Kuala Lumpur
Please help me.

nsrao
Newly Registered

Post by nsrao » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

Now i am cleared with first and second questions.But i am not clear about answer for third question which is rerlated to fingerprints.
Let me put one more question related to fingerprints section in Tier 1 dependent form.

Question:Give details where fingerprints were taken,including the town or city and country:

As i mentioned in my first post, i have submitted my EC application in VFS Singapore office and later collected my passport from VFS singapore.We have given our fingerprints during passport collection in VFS Singapore.

So, for above question i think i have to answer as Singapore.
In that case answer for the thrid question in my initial post should be related to singapore VFS or High Commision Singapore right?

Please clarify me.