ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Points for UK experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj_india
Newly Registered

Claiming Points for UK experience

Post by raj_india » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:43 pm

Hello Everyone,

I wish to apply for Tier 1 and wants to know if i can claim 5 points for UK experience.
I am not clear with the criteria about this.

I landed in UK on March 25, 2009 and being here since then.

My Q is :
1. For claiming 5 points for UK experience, i have to wait till March 24 when i actually completes one year and in this case i will by default gets 5 point,
2. Or, HO calculates from Month to Month. Since i landed in March 2009, this March i am elligible.

3. Or, there is more to it?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:55 pm

You have to fulfil one of the criteria listed below.

Read the policy guidance which says

-Successfully scored points for previous earnings and those earnings were made in the United Kingdom; or
-undertaken a period of full-time study in the United Kingdom, of at least one full academic year, and been awarded a qualification at bachelor’s degree level or above. The qualification should have been awarded no more than five years before making the application.

raj_india
Newly Registered

Post by raj_india » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Is there a minimum amount which one to to earn in UK for being elligible.

WIll the earnings made in India + Earnings in Uk for the period in Uk counts.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm

raj_india wrote:Is there a minimum amount which one to to earn in UK for being elligible.

WIll the earnings made in India + Earnings in Uk for the period in Uk counts.
go through the page 27,28 in the policy guidance and your questions will be answered

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

151. If an applicant has claimed points in the section for previous earnings, and these were for earnings made both in United Kingdom and outside the United Kingdom, at least £16,000 of the earnings must be United Kingdom earnings to receive the points for UK experience.