ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

homeless app/ council house

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan85

homeless app/ council house

Post by khan85 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:03 pm

hi

i just wanted to find out if going through the homeless application to get a council property will cause any probs for my hubbys ILR...

My current situation is...

i am living in cardiff in a private rented 1 bed flat (me, husband who is on spouse visa and my 5 month baby) my flat has got damp in every room especially bedroom and its reallly making my baby ill and my husband who is asmatic is geting wheezy all the time so i got in contact with the agent sevral times but no response, so contacted the private sector department in cardiff council..

my tenancy is expiring on the 31st march 2010 and i have been trying to find a 2 bed property but... so far i havent got anywhere because when i can find somthing we can afford they dont want people taking benefits or dont want children.. which i find very stupid!

so i got in touch with the council again and the housing advisor told me that i could put a application for homeless and through that i may be offered a council accomodation

i just wanted to double check if by doing this will it have an effect on my husbands ILR as he is on spouse visa which will be expiring at the end of this year..

i am also on the following benefits

WTC
CTC
HB
CB

will this cause any probs ( i have read the pinned topic but just want to double check because a few people have told me i shudnt be geting these)

hubby is pakistani national working 40 hours week (full time) and im a british national and housewife

so if anyone could help/advise me i would be really greatefull

thanx in advance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm

None of those benefits will cause a problem with the ILR.

As regards the allocation of Council Housing, that will also not cause a problem, given that the size of accommodation to be allocated will not be bigger because your husband is living there with you. That is, the Council will allocate the same size property to a couple with one child, as they would to a single parent with one child. So no problem, thanks to para 6A of the immigration rules.
John

khan85

Post by khan85 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:57 pm

thankx alot for ur help :)