ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Worried

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Simples
Newly Registered

Worried

Post by Simples » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 pm

hi,

My partner is in a detention centre and has received notice to be deported.

I urgently wish to do a judicial review, I will be seeing a solicitor on monday afternoon but I would like to know what happens.

I have been told to ask for a judicial review by a friend which will delay my partner from leaving please can someone advise me what happens and what to look for. I dont want to go to the solicitors not knowing what they talk about or they try to rip me off. how much money you think it costs me? and what do they do?

thanks

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 pm

Can you supply details so we can advise you further?

Simples
Newly Registered

Post by Simples » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:23 pm

my husband has been told he will be deported friday as they said he entered here illegally.

i have read about the judicial review and friend is helping me as he said solicitor will charge £2000.00 for this i do not have this money but i made free appointment.

friend said he will do the application on weekend to save money and i can pay the barrister. i looked at form how much will it cost to send to high court on fast application?and what is order injuncitve releif?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:36 pm

did he use deception to gain entry to UK? Is it possible for him to return to his home country and apply for a spouse visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:42 am

Simples wrote:my husband has been told he will be deported friday as they said he entered here illegally.

i have read about the judicial review and friend is helping me as he said solicitor will charge £2000.00 for this i do not have this money but i made free appointment.

friend said he will do the application on weekend to save money and i can pay the barrister. i looked at form how much will it cost to send to high court on fast application?and what is order injuncitve releif?
Amateurs making applications to the High Court are almost certainly doomed to failure. From the questions you are asking it's clear you and your friend haven't a clue what to do. Why does your friend think JR is the correct remedy for this case as opposed to any appeal rights that may exist, for example a Human Rights application?

Go and see the solicitor and take his advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 pm

If the subject is facing an imminent removal, then he would have most likely exhausted all his right of appeal, or such rights would not have been conferred or granted to him in the first place.

The best option would be a Judicial Review, and an injunction stoping removal.

Now, to make a Judicial Review, you are in essence contesting that the public body has made an unlawful decision. How exactly do you intend to contest this.

Are you settled in the UK for the Purpose of the Immigration Laws and regulations? Do you have a child or can prove the existence of a durable relationship with this person? how long has this person been in the UK?

You friend is right, Judicial review is the only option, as this is only what can stop removal, as things stand, and you have to be pretty swift.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors