ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR gap between entry clearance and date of entry in UK?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gerard820

ILR gap between entry clearance and date of entry in UK?

Post by gerard820 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:50 pm

HI... I hope you can help us regarding ILR application.

My wife got 5 year WP as senior career. Her entry clearance is September 8, 2006, arrived in Uk October 23, 2006. Expiry date of visa September 8, 2011, that means 42days gap. My question is:
1. Is she still eligible for ILR?
2. What is the best time to apply 28 days before her visa expire, or 28 days before her date of entry here in uk?
3. When the probationary for ILR counted? entry clearance of her visa or Date of entry in UK?

Thanks

diago_nelson

Re: ILR gap between entry clearance and date of entry in UK?

Post by diago_nelson » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:38 am

1. Yes after she gets FLR.
2. You should apply for extension (FLR) first as the gap in entering UK is more than 28 days.
3. Date of entry in UK. (They expect the applicant to travel within 28 days after granting visa.)

Check this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/
"Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.
If you are already in the UK but you have not been here long enough to apply for settlement, you can apply to extend your temporary permission to stay."
gerard820 wrote:HI... I hope you can help us regarding ILR application.

My wife got 5 year WP as senior career. Her entry clearance is September 8, 2006, arrived in Uk October 23, 2006. Expiry date of visa September 8, 2011, that means 42days gap. My question is:
1. Is she still eligible for ILR?
2. What is the best time to apply 28 days before her visa expire, or 28 days before her date of entry here in uk?
3. When the probationary for ILR counted? entry clearance of her visa or Date of entry in UK?

Thanks

gerard820

Post by gerard820 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks...One quick question what is this 90days allowable gap that I have read in this forum? Is this gap not applicable to her? thanks..

bani

Post by bani » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:00 pm

gerard820 wrote:Thanks...One quick question what is this 90days allowable gap that I have read in this forum? Is this gap not applicable to her? thanks..
No, that gap is after she arrived in the UK, she was allowed to travel outside the UK for up to 90 days at a time. It's not really a gap if she hasn't set foot in the country yet. Entry clearance wasn't "activated" until the day she arrived.

gerard820

FLR

Post by gerard820 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks for the info.