ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pelse anserrrrrrr

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danQ
Newly Registered

pelse anserrrrrrr

Post by danQ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:41 pm

Hello Guys

Currently i a on PSW visa which is expiring Next month that is april 2,2010 and i am switching from psw to student visa and my course is stating in the month of april can i apply for visa inside the united kingdom.But the new rule is confusing me.I am i eligible to apply.

Students applying from inside the UK
If a student is already in the United Kingdom and his/her existing permission to stay runs 72. out more than one month before the start-date of his/her proposed next course of study, he/she will be expected to return overseas and apply from outside the United Kingdom. If the applicant applies from inside the United Kingdom, his/her application will be refused. A month will be considered a calendar month (for example, if an applicant’s leave expires on 14 January his/her new course must start no later than 13 February).
We suggest that if a student’s course has ended and he/she is applying from inside the 73. United Kingdom to extend his/her stay, he/she should apply in the last three months of his/her permission to stay if possible. This is because as soon as we give permission to stay (if the application is approved), the student’s new Tier 4 sponsor becomes responsible for them.

pelse help me

nonie
Newly Registered

Post by nonie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:48 pm

As I interpret it, you should be able to apply from inside the UK. The clause clearly says that you cannot apply from inside the UK if your current UK visa expires more than 1 month in advance of the date when you course starts. As you have said that your visa expires in April and your course also starts in April, I believe you should be able to apply from the UK itself.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:08 pm

There are new rules that have come for student visa.
Please read this link carefully ... all the best!

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-02- ... ements.htm

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:29 pm

yes its true.
u can apply 4m inside as ur vsa is expiring on 02 April 2010, ur course must be started within one month (due date would be 03 May 2010 as one calender month) not later than this. If ur course would start after the date 03 May 2010 then u have 2 apply form home country.
Kind Regards,
Seniors can comment better.