ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Shared Ownership property - A public fund ?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noor1034
BANNED

ILR Shared Ownership property - A public fund ?

Post by noor1034 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Please help me Im so worried.

Soon going to file ILR. I have a question does part buy part rent schemes falls under public fund. I purchased 25% share of such scheme from Gensis Homes one year ago. Here is link to association http://www.genesishomes.org.uk/

Please advice ?
Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:23 pm

pick up a phone and dial this number. 0845 600 4663

and ask if you ever claimed "public benefits". as simple as that rather than worrying to no end.

regards

noor1034
BANNED

Post by noor1034 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 pm

arsenal49 wrote:pick up a phone and dial this number. 0845 600 4663

and ask if you ever claimed "public benefits". as simple as that rather than worrying to no end.

regards
Thanks for quick reply... I called 5 times to Genesis Hoems spoken with 5 different people, they are not sure. They do not say Yes or No.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 pm

well if thats the case then its like 80% certain that you are not claiming benefits because it would be very straight forward yes if you were indeed some how availing benefits.

What you can do is contact your local citizens advice bureau and ask them if they can clarify it for you.

I am pretty sure you have to actually fill out the form to say CLEARLY that you WANT to avail public funds and you are submitting this application form for that. Obviously you havent done this so you are in the clear.

But to be 100% sure, see if you can pursuade someone to check you NI number as they will be able to see if you ever claimed public benefits or not

regards

noor1034
BANNED

Post by noor1034 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:39 pm

arsenal49 wrote:well if thats the case then its like 80% certain that you are not claiming benefits because it would be very straight forward yes if you were indeed some how availing benefits.

What you can do is contact your local citizens advice bureau and ask them if they can clarify it for you.

I am pretty sure you have to actually fill out the form to say CLEARLY that you WANT to avail public funds and you are submitting this application form for that. Obviously you havent done this so you are in the clear.

But to be 100% sure, see if you can pursuade someone to check you NI number as they will be able to see if you ever claimed public benefits or not

regards

Thanks again, I will check with my local citizen advice bureau and will also check my NI. Im asking this question beacuse in ILR Set (O) form uneder section 5 (Your home and finances) there is option b) rented from a local authority or housing association by you?

mohanchhapadia
Newly Registered

Please reply

Post by mohanchhapadia » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi,

I am on the same boat as you were.

Just wanted to know what was the outcome ?

is it fine to have shared ownership before ILR ?

Please let me know.

thanks.

noor1034
BANNED

Re: Please reply

Post by noor1034 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:46 am

mohanchhapadia wrote:Hi,

I am on the same boat as you were.

Just wanted to know what was the outcome ?

is it fine to have shared ownership before ILR ?

Please let me know.

thanks.
I will apply for ILR in nov 2011. When is your ILR due ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Owning/renting a shared ownership property does not constitute recourse to public funds. See here for definition and detailed guidance on public funds.