ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

U.K. resident - Italian passport and registration questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahul_yanina

U.K. resident - Italian passport and registration questions

Post by rahul_yanina » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:14 am

Hi,
I am an Italian citizen and recently moved to U.K. I got the Italian passport in Argentina a few years ago while I was living there (I am Argentinian by birth). My passport currently has my maiden name and shows my status as ´single´.
I have a few questions about what I need to do, as I want to change the name on my passport to add my husband´s surname and update my marital status, and I think I also need to register at the Italian consulate (A.I.R.E.).

1) Can I just register with my new name (with my husband´s surname appended to my maiden name) and current marital status and address in the U.K. and then just ask for a new passport with the new details?

2)I guess I have to give the current address and marital status in my registration anyway, but do I have to register with my maiden name and then try to update my details with my married name in a separate process? If so, can someone help with information about this process?

3) I have seen a form which relates to change of address - do I need to do this, even if I register for the first time in London, because the fact that I am registering means that I wasn´t here before, and I will be putting my current address there anyway.

4) I will be presenting my existing Italian passport along with my marriage certificate issued in Argentina - does this document need to be translated into Italian (I have already got it translated into English)?

Thanks in advance for reading this, and any answers will be greatly appreciated.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:27 am

These questions should be put to the Italian consulate here.

rahul_yanina

Post by rahul_yanina » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:52 am

Not getting much joy out of the Italian consulate at the moment, hence posting here, as we have always got good advice from the people on the site.

There is information on the website, but it is not always clear.

If there is anyone with personal experience of some of the things I asked, it would be very helpful to us.