ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chev
Newly Registered

Stamp 4.

Post by Chev » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi All,

My husband is expecting his naturalization cert very soon.I would like to know after he receives his passport how long will it take for me to get stamp 4.Please share your information.

Thanks.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 pm

The day he get his certificate you can go to GNIB with your husband and Naturalization certificate and you will be issued with stamp4.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:53 pm

rebel82 wrote:The day he get his certificate you can go to GNIB with your husband and Naturalization certificate and you will be issued with stamp4.
What is your current status, it might greatly depend on your current status in this country (eg asylum seeker, illegal) THe reason I ask, is because your husband would have either had stamp 1 or 4 already and if you were living here, you would have already had some for of status/stamp.

But ye normally, take a trip to GNIB. THe reason I raise this is because if all is not well, maybe going near the GNIB would not be a good idea. If that was the case, an application to Married to Irish SPouse Unit would need to be made.

Chev
Newly Registered

Post by Chev » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:00 pm

The day he get his certificate you can go to GNIB with your husband and Naturalization certificate and you will be issued with stamp4.

Thanks for the info...

koded

Post by koded » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:39 pm

It is your status in Ireland that will determine if you are going to get stamp 4 or not. you can check on who are entitiled for stamp 4 in inis website.
The day he get his certificate you can go to GNIB with your husband and Naturalization certificate and you will be issued with stamp4
it wont be easy as this person put. what if Irish immigration do not recognise your marriage.
It is better to explain your condition so that people can give you proper advice.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 pm

koded wrote:It is your status in Ireland that will determine if you are going to get stamp 4 or not. you can check on who are entitiled for stamp 4 in inis website.
The day he get his certificate you can go to GNIB with your husband and Naturalization certificate and you will be issued with stamp4
it wont be easy as this person put. what if Irish immigration do not recognise your marriage.
It is better to explain your condition so that people can give you proper advice.
I guess that OP is dependent of her husband and in that case it is that easy
as I said in my previous post.
And if OP doesn't have any immigration status then it can be a broblem.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:24 am

koded wrote:It is your status in Ireland that will determine if you are going to get stamp 4 or not. you can check on who are entitiled for stamp 4 in inis website.
Interesting article in relation to this - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fro ... 80974.html

Chev
Newly Registered

Post by Chev » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:19 am

My status at the moment is stamp3 and i guess it will not be a problem as i m on dependant visa legally residing here since very long.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 am

Chev wrote:My status at the moment is stamp3 and i guess it will not be a problem as i m on dependant visa legally residing here since very long.
You will be fine.
Go as soon as your husband receive his Naturalization certificate.
Good luck!

Chev
Newly Registered

Post by Chev » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 am

Thanx a lot... :)

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Chev wrote:My status at the moment is stamp3 and i guess it will not be a problem as i m on dependant visa legally residing here since very long.
I am sorry if I frightened you, ye you will be sound, you can go to the GNIB. At worst, they might tell you to make application to minister (long delay). unlikely though. Happy days

Chev
Newly Registered

Post by Chev » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:40 pm

[quote="walrusgumble"][quote="Chev"]My status at the moment is stamp3 and i guess it will not be a problem as i m on dependant visa legally residing here since very long.[/quote]

I am sorry if I frightened you, ye you will be sound, you can go to the GNIB. At worst, they might tell you to make application to minister (long delay). unlikely though. Happy days[/quote]

Thats alright...