ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence 14 year rule query!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hyks
Newly Registered

Long Residence 14 year rule query!

Post by Hyks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Dear Members,

I have spoken to few top-notch immigration consultants today and I was advised that there are major immigration reforms underway and it is quite imminent that the 10 year rule (Lawful residence) as well as 14 year rule (Lawful/Unlawful residence) will be scrapped.

I have been living in UK since the last 12 years, major part being legal and then undocumented. I have assessed my stance, I do not have compassionate circumstances or family ties within the UK to make an application under Article 8 as well.

My question to all of you is - hypothetically speaking, if the long residence rule is scrapped then I stand no chance to regularize my stay on the basis of 14 years rule which is existing as of today, this is what I think logically since I have been living clandestinely.

Your thought and inputs are very much appreciated.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:48 pm

I would think that if the 10 and 14 year rule were to be scrapped under the new rules, it would be replaced by something else. We just have to wait and see