ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea 2 - need passport back as tourism visa expiring

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nao123
Newly Registered

eea 2 - need passport back as tourism visa expiring

Post by nao123 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Hello!

I sent in my EEA 2 app with my passport about 4 weeks ago and have got my COA 2 weeks ago. I am currently here on a tourism visa (6 month) which expires March 15th.

When I made my application I included a letter explaining this fact and that I would like my passport back by March 5th so I could leave the country and not overstay this tourism visa. They have not sent it back, so I called the Liverpool office on Monday to enquire. I was told that as long as I have my COA and my app is under consideration I do not need to leave the country. I tried finding this in writing on the web but no luck.

Anyone else have an experience with this? I'm a bit worried since it's not in writing and don't want to get in trouble for overstaying.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:06 pm

If you submitted your passport before your leave expired then you cannot overstay. Don't worry.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 am

nao123, what is the basis of your EEA2 application? Are you the spouse (or Civil Partner) of an EEA Citizen?
John

nao123
Newly Registered

Post by nao123 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

Hello and thank for your responses,

I'm not in a civl partnership/married, but have been living together at the same address now for 2.5 years. We have checked with the guide notes and about 3 different folks at the Liverpool office who say this is the correct way forward.

So if my app is rejected, how long to I have to leave the country (crossing fingers that does not happen!). Thanks all