ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon experience after Industrial action. Successful ILR.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niketya
Newly Registered

Croydon experience after Industrial action. Successful ILR.

Post by niketya » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

I was expecting long delays today and to my surprise there were slight delays. The whole process (premium) was straight forward. I received my ILR within 3.5 hours.

I would like to thank those individuals who contribute constantly on this forum.

Before I go, I have a question. What happens now? Do I apply for the Biometric thing?

Once again thank you for this very informative forum.

Good luck guys.

diago_nelson

Re: Croydon experience after Industrial action. Successful

Post by diago_nelson » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Congratulations!
You have applied under which category ?
I have my appt next week and was also worried about the delays.. good to hear that your application was processed same day !
niketya wrote:I was expecting long delays today and to my surprise there were slight delays. The whole process (premium) was straight forward. I received my ILR within 3.5 hours.

I would like to thank those individuals who contribute constantly on this forum.

Before I go, I have a question. What happens now? Do I apply for the Biometric thing?

Good luck guys.

niketya
Newly Registered

Post by niketya » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 am

Sorry, I should have made that clear. I applied under 5 years WP.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Croydon experience after Industrial action. Successful

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:53 pm

niketya wrote:I was expecting long delays today and to my surprise there were slight delays. The whole process (premium) was straight forward. I received my ILR within 3.5 hours.

Good luck guys.
nothing happens now. you just enjoy being 'free'. you dont have to do anything more, if you are employed it would be a good idea to give your employers the new details. No need for biometrics
Otherwise if you intend to apply for naturalisation then start looking into the requirements etc
My apologies if you are already on top of this but just thought to mention that it would also good too to make copy of your ILR and scan and email it to yourself just for safe keep

niketya
Newly Registered

Post by niketya » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 pm

f2k,

Thank you for the prompt reply.