ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal order refused!!!(resolved)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Postal order refused!!!(resolved)

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 pm

I cant believe i am writing this but my friend applied on 28th of jan and got ack dated 7th feb and no news after that.

Its been 40 days todays so he called them and was told that they cant tell him the status of application form as its not 14 weeks yet since the date of application.

Not content with the reply, he gave a call to post office asking when was the postal order cashed in. He attached 2 x 250 pounds postal order with app. He was told that 1 postal order was cashed in on 10 feb but the other one was refused!!! Turns out that the person at the post office had made a blunder and cancelled 1 of the postal order. although it was noted that she tried to rectify the situation 20 min after the tranasaction took place on her own but to no avail.

So... its been 30 days since HO tried to take money via postal order and got only 250 pounds out of 500. his documents are not returned or anything so wondering what the hell is going on.

Should he send new form with payment details etc. or do what? If payment is not made then the application is rendered invalid and returned withing couple of days but thats notwhat has happened.

On the phone he was told that UKBA person would contact him to send remaining amount but we are not too sure if they will be THAT kind.

Can anyone please guide us here as to what should be our next step. Paying another 500 pounds for new app is not an option as maintenance funds issue would arise.

Please help.
Last edited by arsenal49 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 am

From your story it is not the problem of your friend apart from the delay they are causing him.
I advise, he follow it up from the post office, because this is a breach of the post office. he need to open up the problems caused by their unprofessional ignorance.

As for HO, that's always their problem, they suppose have obtained a confirmation that the postal order is OK and that the post office will rectify and cash it without delay.

But all I know, is that, it is only for the delay, because of the visa fee is not cleared it will not be allocated to case worker.

They suppose to sort this out, what a h*ll

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:45 am

post man... thanks a lot..

it is really really annoying because the post office guy he rang told him that they would give him a refund. What the hell is he suppose to do with the fricking refund!!!!

Apparently, they cant do anything about invalid postal order and have asked him to contact HO... except they cant be contacted according to general enquiries guy on the phone!

They have really screwed him this time. By the way, we have got contact number for charging team from vks and will give them a call to see if there is any light there for him.

regards

esal

Post by esal » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:31 am

hi friend,

I was in kind of similar position ..
as i appleid and lost my debit card .. and once u sent the application HO don't answer to any queries about other way of payment ..

i simply filled the payment page .. attached a cheque and sent it to them very next day ... and didn;t hear anything from them for almost a month .. but after a months time they encashed the cheque was a big relief and also done with biometrics .. so fingers crossed ...

I will say .. send another payment with a nice covering letter explaining the situation what happened.. tht;s wht i did and luks like worked ...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:09 am

esal wrote:hi friend,

I was in kind of similar position ..
as i appleid and lost my debit card .. and once u sent the application HO don't answer to any queries about other way of payment ..

i simply filled the payment page .. attached a cheque and sent it to them very next day ... and didn;t hear anything from them for almost a month .. but after a months time they encashed the cheque was a big relief and also done with biometrics .. so fingers crossed ...

I will say .. send another payment with a nice covering letter explaining the situation what happened.. tht;s wht i did and luks like worked ...

what address you sent your letter on? did you send "change of circumstances" form as well. When all of this happened like recently?

regard esal

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:58 pm

quick update.....

well i dont know what are they doing in post office... but HO said that they didnt have any problems with postal order although royal mail guy is willing to offer a refund for "invalid" postal order....

and today my friend received his psw... so i guess the matter is resolved now...

thanks everyone