ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice on prospective spouse visa

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jools182
Newly Registered

advice on prospective spouse visa

Post by jools182 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:48 am

Hi

I have recently become engaged to an Australian girl

We me online last year around September/October time and soon got too talking on the phone and online every day

She then visited me in the UK on the 26th Dec and stayed for 3 weeks and I travelled back with her to Australia and we have been together every day since then. We got engaged at the start of Feb

I am applying for the prosepective spouse visa when I return to the UK this week. The question I have though is regarding my fiancees employment status.

She has been in full time employment for the past 4 years, however, she just started a degree course at uni last week and will only be working part time.

Will we need to get someone else to act as an assurer for me? Does it have to be a family member?

I am a fully qualified Civil Engineering Technician and as such will be able to find work quite easily. Will they take this into consideration? In this line of employment I will easily be able to support my fiancee and me

thanks