ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Result of Admin Review-rejected. what to do next?so unfair..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodssb

Result of Admin Review-rejected. what to do next?so unfair..

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:56 am

Hi all,

I applied for Tier 1 general on 9 Dec and got reply today. I claimed 35 points in Qualification section (not UK experience section) for my master degree in the UK. I was not awarded points in this section because they say my master degree is over 5 years ago. I know that in order to claim 5 points for UK experience, my study in the UK should be within 5 years, but I did not see this 5-year rule applies to Qualification section as well. I have phoned UK HO, qualifications do not expire. and I used the online PBS calculator, selected my qualification from the database and I was awarded 35 points for my master degree. So I submitted Admin Review and here is the result.

ECM Comment: This has been correctly assessed by ECO. The UK (Master of Accounting and Finance) qualification was obtained more than 5 years prior to the receipt of the visa application and therefore this application does not meet the criteria that the qualification should have been awarded no more than 5 years prior to the date of application for this visa.

This is such bullshit! So what to do now? I am afraid if I reapply, the result would be the same, coz its the same stupid people reviewing my application. I am wondering if I can make appeal in the UK or any other options? Need help on this problem...

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:12 am

Hi
Sori to listen this but this is strange.
I m surprised as they did not mention this rule/thing in the guidance but only for UK (study) experience point of view.

Plz seniors can u comments on this as its important issue for the new applicants.
Dear Ramesh, vks and other respected seniors! can u plz comment.

Kind Regards,

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Result of Admin Review-rejected. what to do next?so unfa

Post by dima » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 am

goodssb wrote:Hi all,

I applied for Tier 1 general on 9 Dec and got reply today. I claimed 35 points in Qualification section (not UK experience section) for my master degree in the UK. I was not awarded points in this section because they say my master degree is over 5 years ago. I know that in order to claim 5 points for UK experience, my study in the UK should be within 5 years, but I did not see this 5-year rule applies to Qualification section as well. I have phoned UK HO, qualifications do not expire. and I used the online PBS calculator, selected my qualification from the database and I was awarded 35 points for my master degree. So I submitted Admin Review and here is the result.

ECM Comment: This has been correctly assessed by ECO. The UK (Master of Accounting and Finance) qualification was obtained more than 5 years prior to the receipt of the visa application and therefore this application does not meet the criteria that the qualification should have been awarded no more than 5 years prior to the date of application for this visa.

This is such bullshit! So what to do now? I am afraid if I reapply, the result would be the same, coz its the same stupid people reviewing my application. I am wondering if I can make appeal in the UK or any other options? Need help on this problem...
Sorry to hear what has happenend. I also feel, that its your responsibility to read the guidlines completely beofre applying in. ECO is just doing his/her job as per the Immigration guidelines and no point in blaming them. I don see any chances of you winning the appeal either as the 5 year rule which you have missed while applying will come in to picture in all your future inquiries.

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:25 am

hi dima
i have checked this and this is not a rule.
if u vl put the qualification upto 10 years back it gives u points.
but why ECO has refused.
it is totally unfair.
it is rule if u wanna claim points for uk study experience.
I m dead sure it is nt rule for quailfication pionts. I just checked putting qualifcation upto 20 years back n it is giving u 35 points.
I think appeal in the UK courts must be logged in. It may cost but if rule is not published regarding this, chances may be there.

goodssb

Re: Result of Admin Review-rejected. what to do next?so unfa

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:Hi all,

Sorry to hear what has happenend. I also feel, that its your complete responsibility to read the guidlines completely beofre applying in. ECO is just doing his/her job as per the Immigration guidelines and no point in blaming them. I don see any chances of you winning the appeal either as the 5 year rule which you have missed while applying will come in to picture in all your future inquiries.
Thank you for your reply. The thing is that I have read the guidlines prior to my application. Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance, Appendix A of the Immigration Rules regarding Tier 1 (General) state no requirements on when the qualification is awarded in order to claim relevant points in Qualifications section (not UK Experience section).

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:31 am

ursbunti wrote:hi dima
but why ECO has refused.
it is totally unfair.
I m dead sure it is nt rule for quailfication pionts. I just checked putting qualifcation upto 20 years back n it is giving u 35 points.
I think appeal in the UK courts must be logged in. It may cost but if rule is not published regarding this, chances may be there.
I agree with you. I understand the 5 –year rule only applies to UK experience section, not for the qualification.

BTW, if the 5 year rule applies to qualification, this means that so many people who are holding t1 general visa will not be qualified to extend their visas.

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:32 am

1st of all send email to ukba n get confirmation that this rule only applies to Uk study experience then apply as a fresh applicant and attach their reply with your application.
It can work.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:38 am

goodssb wrote:
but why ECO has refused.
it is totally unfair.
I agree with you. I understand the 5 –year rule only applies to UK experience section, not for the qualification.

BTW, if the 5 year rule applies to qualification, this means that so many people who are holding t1 general visa will not be qualified to extend their visas.
can you pls check this link.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/policy ... appendixa/
Pont 27 (b) it clearly says
b) the qualification was awarded no more than 5 years before the application was made.
Anyways good luck!!

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:45 am

Dear Dima
U r not getting me.
But he is not claiming points for UK expereice.
the rule 27 (b) is only for if u wanna claim points for Uk expereince.
He is only claiming points for qualification (35 Points) not for UK experience (5Pints). the rule says
27. Points will only be awarded for UK experience in respect of qualifications obtained in the UK if:

(a) (i) the qualification is a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD, and is deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK, or

(ii) the qualification is a vocational or professional qualification and is deemed by the appropriate UK professional body to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK,

(b) the qualification was awarded no more than 5 years before the application was made, and

(c) at least 1 academic year, or 3 consecutive terms, of the course that led to the qualification involved full-time study in the UK.

How can u think that qualification gets expired.
The victim is saying right that if qualification gets expired then it maens all the HSMP or T1 applicant can not get through.
Kind Regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:46 am

dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:
but why ECO has refused.
it is totally unfair.

b) the qualification was awarded no more than 5 years before the application was made.
Anyways good luck!!
Dima, you are missing the point what goodssb is trying to make.

His application was rejected the reason being, he claimed points with a qualification that was awarded 5 years back. But, there is no such rule for the 'Qualifications' attribute.

The link you provided is for the attribute 'UK Experience'
Last edited by aruni4470 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 am

dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:
but why ECO has refused.
it is totally unfair.

Anyways good luck!!
hi dima,
point 27 is for "UK Experience: notes", not for "Qualification". Please check point 4-7, "Qualification: notes", it does not state the 5 year rule of degrees. I was refused to award 35 points for "Qualification", not 5 points for "UK Experience"

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:54 am

dear ssb
In which country BHC u have applied?
Can u send the rules copy to ECM with reference of ur applicantion. I think u can apply for review only once.
ECM totally unaware of the rule.
U can explain this to him/her and they may consider you.
Get the copy of guidance note page and ukba website link with expalination.
May be this can work

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:55 am

ursbunti wrote:1st of all send email to ukba n get confirmation that this rule only applies to Uk study experience then apply as a fresh applicant and attach their reply with your application.
It can work.
Thanks. I just sent them email inquiry. My concern is that if I reapply, i have to go back to my home country and wait for another 1-2months, which is not very applicable, coz I am working now in the UK. and also, I am afraid the result could be the same.

So I am wondering the best shot for me is probably to make an appeal inside UK . But I m not sure how to do that.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:55 am

goodssb wrote:
dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:
but why ECO has refused.
it is totally unfair.

Anyways good luck!!
hi dima,
point 27 is for "UK Experience: notes", not for "Qualification". Please check point 4-7, "Qualification: notes", it does not state the 5 year rule of degrees. I was refused to award 35 points for "Qualification", not 5 points for "UK Experience"
I presume, is there any link between these Two? I mean If you are claiming for UK exp, they also consider your UK qualifications and 5 year threashold?
I had seen in some post, an applicant was told by his immi solicitor that his UK qualification needs to be with in 5 yrs. May be you ca try searching that post.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:58 am

ursbunti wrote:dear ssb
In which country BHC u have applied?
Can u send the rules copy to ECM with reference of ur applicantion. I think u can apply for review only once.
ECM totally unaware of the rule.
U can explain this to him/her and they may consider you.
Get the copy of guidance note page and ukba website link with expalination.
May be this can work
I applied from shanghai, China. You are correct, since I have made review already, so I lost my chance.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:00 pm

dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:
dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:

Anyways good luck!!
hi dima,
I presume, is there any link between these Two? I mean If you are claiming for UK exp, they also consider your UK qualifications and 5 year threashold?
I had seen in some post, an applicant was told by his immi solicitor that his UK qualification needs to be with in 5 yrs. May be you ca try searching that post.
Dear dima,
I used my UK working experience to claim the 5 points under "UK Experience", so there is no qualification involved in my case.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:02 pm

ursbunti wrote:Dear Dima
U r not getting me.
But he is not claiming points for UK expereice.
the rule 27 (b) is only for if u wanna claim points for Uk expereince.
He is only claiming points for qualification (35 Points) not for UK experience (5Pints). the rule says
27. Points will only be awarded for UK experience in respect of qualifications obtained in the UK if:

(a) (i) the qualification is a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD, and is deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK, or

(ii) the qualification is a vocational or professional qualification and is deemed by the appropriate UK professional body to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK,

(b) the qualification was awarded no more than 5 years before the application was made, and

(c) at least 1 academic year, or 3 consecutive terms, of the course that led to the qualification involved full-time study in the UK.

How can u think that qualification gets expired.
The victim is saying right that if qualification gets expired then it maens all the HSMP or T1 applicant can not get through.
Kind Regards
!!!!..Hey ECO thought so as per guidelines not me.. lol... :D

ursbunti

Post by ursbunti » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:02 pm

then u can apply as a fresh and mention clearly that u r only claiming points for qualification not UK Study experience. If u r in UK and wanna claim points for UK experience then claim on the basis of previous earnings.
To hire solicitor is good option as well. They would guide u how to appeal.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:06 pm

ursbunti wrote:then u can apply as a fresh and mention clearly that u r only claiming points for qualification not UK Study experience. If u r in UK and wanna claim points for UK experience then claim on the basis of previous earnings.
To hire solicitor is good option as well. They would guide u how to appeal.
Cheers, ursbunti. Hiring a solicitor is def an option. I will look into it.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:08 pm

goodssb wrote:
dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:
dima wrote: can you pls check this link.
Anyways good luck!!
hi dima,
Dear dima,
I used my UK working experience to claim the 5 points under "UK Experience", so there is no qualification involved in my case.
If the masters qualification (35 pints) which you are claiming is from UK then I feel, they may be interlinked. You can take assistence from immi solicitor or may be you can try contacting BHC from your home country.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:37 pm

dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:
dima wrote:
goodssb wrote:
hi dima,
Dear dima,
If the masters qualification (35 pints) which you are claiming is from UK then I feel, they may be interlinked. You can take assistence from immi solicitor or may be you can try contacting BHC from your home country.
If this is the case, how come the PBS calculator awards me 35 points, i selected my degree from the database, not input by myself.