ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Umbrella Company - Payslips

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PK
- thin ice -

Umbrella Company - Payslips

Post by PK » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Hey guys

Woner if someone can help me
I will apply for Ilr in june under HSMP judicial review.

I get paid through an umbrella company who does my payroll, Payslips and P-60. However i get work from differnt agencies and all my agencies pay me through my umbrella company.

I'm confused as to who is my employer. Is it the Umbrealla company or the agencies who find me work. Also i get paid during term time only(when schools are open, 9 months in a year) as i work in education sector. Will this be a problem for my ILR.

Are there anyone whith similar situation.
Plz help Im starting to organise all my paperwork and am really confused.

Thanks
PK

diago_nelson

Re: Umbrella Company - Payslips

Post by diago_nelson » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 am

Who is listed in your P60 as employer ?
and which company name is mentioned in your salary slip ?
That company is your employer.

The different agencies you work for are your company's clients and not your employer.
I believe you have signed a contract with the umbrella company and not the agencies directly.

I don't think working 9 months in a year especially in the education sector is a problem for a guy on HSMP visa.
Explain your work scenario in cover letter clearly and back it up with a letter from your "employer".
PK wrote:Hey guys

Woner if someone can help me
I will apply for Ilr in june under HSMP judicial review.

I get paid through an umbrella company who does my payroll, Payslips and P-60. However i get work from differnt agencies and all my agencies pay me through my umbrella company.

I'm confused as to who is my employer. Is it the Umbrealla company or the agencies who find me work. Also i get paid during term time only(when schools are open, 9 months in a year) as i work in education sector. Will this be a problem for my ILR.

Are there anyone whith similar situation.
Plz help Im starting to organise all my paperwork and am really confused.

Thanks
PK

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:46 am

The Umbrella is your employer.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:40 am

I absolutely agree with diago_nelson, your umbrella company is your employer.
And you do not necessarily have to mention umbrlla company just get a letter of employment from your umbrella company when submitting your form and that is it.

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:28 am

Thanks to diago_nelson, Wanderer, and iyanu for ur reply. your help is much appritiated guys.

My P-60 and My payslips are from my Umbrealla company( can't remember signing any contract with them). I just have to register with the agencies to get work. I got a letter from my Umbrella company for my Tier -1 Extension and applied through post everything was ok.
So i will ask my umbrella company to write a letter.

Is covering letter essential if u apply for ILr at PEO. what sort of information needs to be on the covering letter.

Thanks for ur response in Advance.

Regards
PK