ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dilemma: Applying for Tier 1 before or after getting a job?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Dilemma: Applying for Tier 1 before or after getting a job?

Post by Leo2010 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi all,

I qualify for a Tier 1 visa but I’d like to move to London only after getting a job offer as I’m now working and it makes no sense to leave my current job without securing another one.

My dilemma is: should I apply for a Tier 1 only after getting a job in the UK? Or should I stamp the Tier 1 on my passport and then apply for jobs? My long term plan is to obtain an ILR and I understand that I need to enter the UK within 28 days after stamping the Tier 1 otherwise I would have to apply for two extensions later on.

I live within 5 hours of the UK so I can fly there easily for interviews. I’m planning to line them all up in the same week. I’m not in a hurry to accept the first job offer if it’s not suitable.

Any advice on what to do?

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Re: Dilemma: Applying for Tier 1 before or after getting a j

Post by muditmalhotra » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Leo2010 wrote: I need to enter the UK within 28 days after stamping the Tier 1 otherwise I would have to apply for two extensions later on.
sorry bro cant helo u on this as i m newbie ,,,,, jus one question wat is this limit to enter UK in 28 dys ??

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Leo2010 wrote:Hi all,

I qualify for a Tier 1 visa but I’d like to move to London only after getting a job offer as I’m now working and it makes no sense to leave my current job without securing another one.

My dilemma is: should I apply for a Tier 1 only after getting a job in the UK? Or should I stamp the Tier 1 on my passport and then apply for jobs? My long term plan is to obtain an ILR and I understand that I need to enter the UK within 28 days after stamping the Tier 1 otherwise I would have to apply for two extensions later on.

I live within 5 hours of the UK so I can fly there easily for interviews. I’m planning to line them all up in the same week. I’m not in a hurry to accept the first job offer if it’s not suitable.

In Ideal world your plans make true sense but in real world you seems to optimistic my friend.

You have not mentioned your qualification and experience etc but unless you are really excellent candidate with experience of top MNC it will be highly unlikely you get a job offer without landing to UK.

Also if you are Non-EU citizen you will not be able to apply without valid work permit or visa. Companies now a days dont consider candidates requiring work permit.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Although I have a job I'm trying to get another, contract or perm and I can tell you I've had about three interviews since last July!

And I'm really good, totally shit-hot.

Market is the worst I've known it, give it 12 months I say, tho things are picking up it's still very sub-optimal.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi, I have done MCA and having 8years of IT exp out of which 6.5 years in Oracle Applications. Right now I am working for Oracle, India. What chances do I have? I know this not a very relevant question but still expecting some answer.
HSK Accountancy Services wrote:
Leo2010 wrote:Hi all,

In Ideal world your plans make true sense but in real world you seems to optimistic my friend.

You have not mentioned your qualification and experience etc but unless you are really excellent candidate with experience of top MNC it will be highly unlikely you get a job offer without landing to UK.

Also if you are Non-EU citizen you will not be able to apply without valid work permit or visa. Companies now a days dont consider candidates requiring work permit.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "