ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

benifit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ammukutty
Newly Registered

benifit

Post by ammukutty » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi,

my wife came on working visa.My self joined with her on dependent visa (stmp 3).I got my spousal work permit (stmp 1) and worked for 3yrs.Now i lost my job and planning to apply for unemployment bnft.My wife is about to apply for Naturalisation.(5 years finished).If i claim benifit will it have any negative impact on her application ,becoz i am her dependent

regards

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:46 pm

If you are her dependent then you should have stamp 3 not 1.

koded

Post by koded » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 am

@ rebel82, you didnt read his post well. He said he had changed to stamp 1 and he had worked for 3 years and lost his job.
I dont know much about how Ireland immigration work. but I will advise you to continue to manage with your wife's income until she get her citizenship approved. Perhaps, you can even get another job before then.
Good luck!

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: benifit

Post by Ben » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:29 pm

ammukutty wrote:Hi,

my wife came on working visa.My self joined with her on dependent visa (stmp 3).I got my spousal work permit (stmp 1) and worked for 3yrs.Now i lost my job
Which means you lost your entitlement to Stamp 1 and should return to Stamp 3, unless you can get a new job.

ammukutty wrote:and planning to apply for unemployment bnft.
You are not entitled to receive Jobseeker's Benefit or Assistance.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

csr

Post by csr » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:43 pm

that's correct, you are not entitled to receive job seekers benifit or assistance as once you lost your job you became the dependent on your spouse unless you get another job.
Ben wrote:

my wife came on working visa.My self joined with her on dependent visa (stmp 3).I got my spousal work permit (stmp 1) and worked for 3yrs.Now i lost my job
Which means you lost your entitlement to Stamp 1 and should return to Stamp 3, unless you can get a new job.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Ben wrote:

You are if you have payed into PAYE for 2 years.