ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - previously unemployed. Kindly help:

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visitcase
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension - previously unemployed. Kindly help:

Post by visitcase » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 am

Good day,

I am currently in UK on Tier 1 (General) visa (switched from work permit in October 2008) valid till October 2011.

During the financial meltdown, I was unemployed for 6 months from Dec 2008 to May 2009. I am again employed since June 2009 and hope to remain so till my application for Tier 1 extension in 2011.

I reckon I will have all documents (payslips, bank statements, etc) to establish previous earnings for 12 months when I apply for extension in 2011.

Do you think my unemployed status back in 2009 will affect my extension application in 2011? Just worried if UKBA coordinates with HMRC to learn that I was economically inactive for 6 months sometime in past.

Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:45 am

For extension of ur current visa.. as long as you can gain enough points in each dept like earings.. maintenance funds, educaiton etc... you dont need to worry about those 6months..
for ex. you can be unemployed for all the 11months of the last 12months and if you can even get enough points from 1months earnings you are eligible to apply.. dont worry

Anio

Post by Anio » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm not an expert but i think as long as you didn't claim public funds and you meet up to the extension requirements as at the time of application - then you would be fine.
Do you think my unemployed status back in 2009 will affect my extension application in 2011? Just worried if UKBA coordinates with HMRC to learn that I was economically inactive for 6 months sometime in past.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:16 pm

for earnings... they will count backwards from the date of application. so.... if you have earned e.g. 20k in last 6 months of 12 month period then you will be given points and it doesnt matter what you did in other 6 month period.

hope this helps

regards

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 extension - previously unemployed. Kindly help:

Post by kiranchinnu » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:08 pm

visitcase wrote:Good day,

I am currently in UK on Tier 1 (General) visa (switched from work permit in October 2008) valid till October 2011.

During the financial meltdown, I was unemployed for 6 months from Dec 2008 to May 2009. I am again employed since June 2009 and hope to remain so till my application for Tier 1 extension in 2011.

I reckon I will have all documents (payslips, bank statements, etc) to establish previous earnings for 12 months when I apply for extension in 2011.

Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

you should be fine as along u meet ur points .

nealsu
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 extension - previously unemployed. Kindly help:

Post by nealsu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:41 am

Hi, Does anyone know if my application for extension will be rejected if I am unemployed at the time of submitting my application? (in Jan 2012)

There is a section in the form that ask if I am "Employed", "Self Employed" or "Other", would i specify other? In a subsequent question it ask to specify my current job title, if applicable? Do I leave that empty or specify I am unemployed and looking for work?

corby
Newly Registered

Post by corby » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 am

Hi,

My case is a little bit different. I worked for 6 months. Then I have been made redundant. After 5 months time gap, I started to work again.
I will show 6 months at the beginning of the 12 months period and 1 month at the end for my previous earnings.

Is it going to be problem or not?

Thanks,
Corby

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 am

corby wrote:Hi,

My case is a little bit different. I worked for 6 months. Then I have been made redundant. After 5 months time gap, I started to work again.
I will show 6 months at the beginning of the 12 months period and 1 month at the end for my previous earnings.

Is it going to be problem or not?

Thanks,
Corby
Not a problem since you are claiming for a period of 12 months as stated in the Policy Guidance. It does not matter that you had zero income for 5 of the 12 months, as long as the total earning for the whole period give you enough points required to qualify.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 am

The maximum salary that you can claim could be for 12 continuous months in the last 15 months. It doesn't necessarily mean that you need to be employed currently or in the 12 month period that you are claiming your earnings from. The earnings should be sufficient to get you the necessary points and that allows you to extend.

Hope that makes sense.
Give me more Karma (+)