ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time for dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aries2010
Newly Registered

Processing time for dependent visa

Post by aries2010 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi all,
Does anyone know what is the processing time for PSW dependent visa if applied from Karachi, Pakistan. It has been now one month since my wife applied for this visa.
Thanks

mcaibuq2

Re: Processing time for dependent visa

Post by mcaibuq2 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:11 pm

aries2010 wrote:Hi all,
Does anyone know what is the processing time for PSW dependent visa if applied from Karachi, Pakistan. It has been now one month since my wife applied for this visa.
Thanks
Yeah, my wife applied on 23 Feb but still nothing.

I heard that they are currently taking 1 month or so for visa processing.

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:21 pm

In my case, its already more than 1 month. Should I contact Gerrys about that?

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi guys,

I am on PSW and going to apply for wife and kids very soon. I was just wondering what documents did you guys submitted with your applications.

Could you share it with me.

Cheers

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:10 pm

aries2010 wrote:In my case, its already more than 1 month. Should I contact Gerrys about that?
aries2010, did you contact Gerrys? What did they say? My wife did and they told her to call again in a week.

Guys it be great if the ppl who applied for depended visa give some time frame. Let me start

Applied: 23/02/2010

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:16 am

I didnt contact them yet.

Applied: 12/02/2010 (From Karachi, Pk)

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:56 pm

hi guys,

count me in. My wife applied for Teir 1 General Dependant visa on 27/01/2010 from Lahore. The status on website says forwarded to Islamabad OC. The status has not changed since, everytime she calls Gerrys they have a new story to tell. Just waiting with fingers crossed!
all is well that ends well

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:32 pm

ali_hsn wrote:hi guys,

count me in. My wife applied for Teir 1 General Dependant visa on 27/01/2010 from Lahore. The status on website says forwarded to Islamabad OC. The status has not changed since, everytime she calls Gerrys they have a new story to tell. Just waiting with fingers crossed!
It looks like that for Tier1 it is the longest wait for depended visa. My friend who is a student (tier 4) applied for his wife's visa and his wife got the visa with a month (29 days to be precise).

@ali_hsn: what kind of bulls**t excuses is Gerry’s giving to your wife?

stk723
Newly Registered

dependend visa documents

Post by stk723 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:55 pm

hi guys, could any1 help me about the dependend visa documents and what is the visa fees per dependend. and if i go to pakistan on holidays and apply myself for my dependend visa, in that case what amount i shuld show for my dependend in my bank statement.
Shahid

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:37 am

Plz check this link for PSW dependent required documents http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=41054

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi All

I have applied my dependent's visa application from karachi on 29/01/10 and still looking forward to see any response.

Regards
Vamiq

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:37 am

Hi guys, this is what I got in the automated reply:

Important advice to customers from Pakistan about UK visa application process delays. Customers, please note that there are currently significant delays in the UK visa application process. You are advised to apply for your visa well in advance of the intended date of travel. The delays are due to the high volume of customers making appointments at the visa application centres (please refer to the update of 27 April regarding appointment bookings) and to technical difficulties affecting the UK's global visa operation, which UK Visa Services are working to resolve. At the moment please allow approximately 7 weeks from the time you make a request for an appointment to collecting your visa decision. UK Visa Services apologise to customers for the inconvenience, and confirm they are working to reduce these delays.

If you require further information, please contact Gerry's at info@ukvacpk.com or telephone the call centre on 0900 10411 or using mobile short code 8865 (open Monday - Saturday 0800 - 12 midnight). Please note that these are premium numbers and charged at a rate of PKR 10 per minute.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:01 pm

mcaibuq2 wrote:
ali_hsn wrote:hi guys,

It looks like that for Tier1 it is the longest wait for depended visa. My friend who is a student (tier 4) applied for his wife's visa and his wife got the visa with a month (29 days to be precise).

@ali_hsn: what kind of bulls**t excuses is Gerry’s giving to your wife?
hi mcaibuq2,
sorry for the late response. I was in Pakistan myself about a week ago. They have these lame excuses that due to IT upgrade the app centre was closed for a week, and they will update the systems in time.
There is no point calling Gerry's, as each time they have a different story to tell. It seems there is nothing much we can do apart from waiting. The funny thing is, my wife took this option to be notified via txt msgs and guess what??? they sent her the wrong app ref no. Just checked their site a few minutes ago and still nothing. Will keep you guys posted.
Any luck at your end?

ps : It'll be 8 weeks tomorrow from the application date !

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi ali_hsn,

My wife called Gerrys today. They told her that becasue of IT upgrade currently the tracking system is not working. Also it will take another 3-4 weeks for the decision process.

It looks like it is going to be a long wait.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm

mcaibuq2 wrote:Hi ali_hsn,

My wife called Gerrys today. They told her that becasue of IT upgrade currently the tracking system is not working. Also it will take another 3-4 weeks for the decision process.

hi mcaibuq2,

Same here, 90% of the times the line gets dropped before any one answers the call. With the new rules kicking in on the 6th, there are def going to be a large no of apps. I wonder what happens then...
Fingers crossed and waiting!

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 pm

ali_hsn wrote:

hi mcaibuq2,

Same here, 90% of the times the line gets dropped before any one answers the call. With the new rules kicking in on the 6th, there are def going to be a large no of apps. I wonder what happens then...

I agree.

But I think that the new rules should not apply to us. So hopefully they will sort our applications out before the new rules.

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

mcaibuq2 wrote:
ali_hsn wrote:

hi mcaibuq2,

I agree.

But I think that the new rules should not apply to us. So hopefully they will sort our applications out before the new rules.
That wont be affecting us, but they would have another excuse. Anyways, still nothing at my end when I checked the status via their tracking website this morning.

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:12 am

still waiting. Did anyone hear any news?

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:45 am

aries2010 wrote:still waiting. Did anyone hear any news?
same here, no news.

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Dear Friends,

My wife visa application has been refused for the following reason given by officer. He stated the reason,

"I am satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 319C of the immigration rules, except of the following:
As laid out in Appendix E of the immigration rules, you must show that your sponsor has available £533 in available. These funds must be presence in an account for three consecutive months prior to your application. The bank statement provided shows no transaction history and therefore, I am unable to confirm the that the required amount has been held in the account for three consecutive months. I am therefore not satisfied that there is a sufficient level of funds available to you set out in Appendix E.319 C ".

Dear all,

I maintained my account for more than 4 month and present the statement for exactly four months . And amount I maintained more than £6000 . Kindly can any one provide me any suggestion or point of views behind this un realistic statement of refusal by visa officer. I will be gratefull to you.

With Regards
Vamiq

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm

ali_hsn wrote:
aries2010 wrote:still waiting. Did anyone hear any news?
same here, no news.
No news either!

mcaibuq2

Post by mcaibuq2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Vamiq.khan wrote:Dear Friends,

My wife visa application has been refused for the following reason given by officer. He stated the reason,

"I am satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 319C of the immigration rules, except of the following:
As laid out in Appendix E of the immigration rules, you must show that your sponsor has available £533 in available. These funds must be presence in an account for three consecutive months prior to your application. The bank statement provided shows no transaction history and therefore, I am unable to confirm the that the required amount has been held in the account for three consecutive months. I am therefore not satisfied that there is a sufficient level of funds available to you set out in Appendix E.319 C ".

Dear all,

I maintained my account for more than 4 month and present the statement for exactly four months . And amount I maintained more than £6000 . Kindly can any one provide me any suggestion or point of views behind this un realistic statement of refusal by visa officer. I will be gratefull to you.

With Regards
Vamiq
Vamiq,

The bank statement that you gave, did they not have any transactions what so ever? Were they of your saving account? If so did you mention that?

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Did u do any transaction(in,out) in last 4 months?

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Dear Mcaibuq2 and Aries2010

Friends. In the last 4 months i have paid my phone bills, i withdraw cash for for multi purposes, I have paid my credit card bills and also received payments from my work. This account is my normal account not a saving. kindly suggest me as what course of action should i consider at this stage as I am going for Rukhsati in mid July this year .

For your clearification. I can download and send my bank statements. Bank Statements covered period of 5 Oct 2009 to 25 Jan 2010. Where last 10 days (15 Jan to 25 Jan) were get printed by visiting a local branch and that was stamped by the bank.

With Regards
Vamiq

Hope1

Post by Hope1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:32 pm

hi vamiq,

which bank statement did you submit.