ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependent maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saran79
United Kingdom

tier 1 dependent maintenance

Post by saran79 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:29 am

hi experts,
i am in uk for last 5 1/2 years. 2 years in hsmp and in tier 1 from january 2010.
i recently got married in india. i like to apply for dependent visa for my wife in india.
i have maintenance funds of 700 pounds in my current account for last one month. is that will be enough to show maintenance funds provided i ll have the same amount for next 2 months?

also my wife has INR 110000 in her account for past 1 week, if that will help if she has same amount until we apply for visa?

my question is which one will be the appropriate one to show funds maintained?

thanks in advance

saravan

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 am

You really need to read the PBS HO GUIDANCE for dependents.. Page 9 and Paragraph 40-44

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf
Family member of a Tier 1 Migrant
If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom 40. for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.
If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family 41. member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.
PBS (D) Guidance - page 10
PBS (Dependant) Policy guidance
For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application 42. at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).
If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would 43. require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds 44. to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds