ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed - 2 times gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fisher

Help Needed - 2 times gap

Post by fisher » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi

I have 2 gaps in my 5 year WP/Tier 2 stay in UK.
1. The first instance was because the application was sent late (10 days gap). To be honest it was mistake by my employer
2. The 2nd time the CoS system was not working for my employer for 3 weeks. I appeared in person the next day (i.e. if the leave to remain expired on 20th then i appeared on 21st and then granted me the stay on an exception basis - there were mails exchanged between my employer and UKBA)

Do you thinking i stand a chance?

Fisher

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:43 pm

I know a person who had similar case i.e. his employer just forgot to apply for his extension. Strangely he was late by 10 days also. I wonder if you work for the same company. Anyway, he applied through solicitor and received ILR in November2009.

fisher

Post by fisher » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm

chetanojha wrote:I know a person who had similar case i.e. his employer just forgot to apply for his extension. Strangely he was late by 10 days also. I wonder if you work for the same company. Anyway, he applied through solicitor and received ILR in November2009.
The only problem I see is that I have 2 gaps. The other one though it is completely UKBA's issue, is an issue.