ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW LONG DOES A PR TAKES TO BE APPROVED

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yusfaith

HOW LONG DOES A PR TAKES TO BE APPROVED

Post by yusfaith » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 pm

I have just applied for my PR, does any one knows how long it take to get a COA and how long will it take to process the PR. It seems I have been reading some positive post that the HO has improved a bit on the processing time.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am

I assume you have applied for an EU Residence Card using form EEA2? My wife applied on 6th Jan, and as of the end of last month, the application was still in a queue, not even assigned to a case worker. So basically the application was sitting on a desk somewhere for 2 months :roll:

Having said that, our COA was issued fairly quickly, 12 days after applying. The wife found an employer who accepted the COA as evidence of her being legally entitled to work.

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Thanks for the response. Can some advise if it is true that the HO normally send a copy of COA to the applicant or to solicitor if useing solicitor.

yusfaith

GOT MY COA

Post by yusfaith » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:05 pm

yusfaith wrote:Thanks for the response. Can some advise if it is true that the HO normally send a copy of COA to the applicant or to solicitor if useing solicitor.
I got my COA today sent through a solicitor dated 22/03/10. Application sent on the 10/03/10 for PR. Finger cross for the next good news.

Will keep you inform for any update and does that means it has been assign to a case worker.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: GOT MY COA

Post by Rozen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:26 pm

yusfaith wrote:I got my COA today sent through a solicitor dated 22/03/10. Application sent on the 10/03/10 for PR. Finger cross for the next good news.

does that means it has been assign to a case worker.
Nope! Just means it your application has been received and logged in queue (along with the rest)!

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Need some answer, got my COA and it has home office ref NO and also Case ID NO, is it normal to have both number or does it mean it has been assigned to a case worker? And do I get another letter when the application is assign to case worker?

Thank for your response.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:00 pm

yusfaith wrote:Need some answer, got my COA and it has home office ref NO and also Case ID NO, is it normal to have both number or does it mean it has been assigned to a case worker? And do I get another letter when the application is assign to case worker?

Thank for your response.
Unless there is something UKBA require from you, the only letter that you'll be getting will be the one accompanying the return of your passport, with (or without) your PR endorsement!

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks Rozen for your reply. but does that means it has been assigned to a case worker to treat or not because I am surprise having home office ref no and case no at thesame time.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Sat May 22, 2010 12:24 am

yusfaith wrote:Thanks Rozen for your reply. but does that means it has been assigned to a case worker to treat or not because I am surprise having home office ref no and case no at thesame time.
Hi yusfaith,

How is going?
Please keep us updated on the timeframe, my solicitor posted my application today, do not know how long it is going to be now :!:

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Sat May 22, 2010 10:39 am

vadimvin wrote:
yusfaith wrote:Thanks Rozen for your reply. but does that means it has been assigned to a case worker to treat or not because I am surprise having home office ref no and case no at thesame time.
Hi yusfaith,

How is going?
Please keep us updated on the timeframe, my solicitor posted my application today, do not know how long it is going to be now :!:
Yes I will keep the forum updated, I called the HO yesterday to check on the progress but I was told they can not give me any update yet as the application is not yet 6 months. I will be on their neck as I can not be on suspense for whole 6 months.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Sat May 22, 2010 11:33 am

yusfaith wrote:
vadimvin wrote:
Hi yusfaith,

How is going?
Yes I will keep the forum updated, I called the HO yesterday to check on the progress but I was told they can not give me any update yet as the application is not yet 6 months. I will be on their neck as I can not be on suspense for whole 6 months.
Interesting, why it should be 6 months? They do not guarantee it to be done in 6 months anyway...
I read some stoires here, some people waiting for 2 years, some get it in 3 months, very strange...

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Sat May 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Chill out guys, its just a waiting game. Dont wind yourslef up by thinking if a caseworker has been assigned or not, its the internal working of UKBA and nothing to do with applicant. If the application is straightforward, and there is nothing suspicious which requires further enquiries, it should be processed in around 6 months time.

Khloé K
Newly Registered

Post by Khloé K » Thu May 27, 2010 12:11 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:I assume you have applied for an EU Residence Card using form EEA2? My wife applied on 6th Jan, and as of the end of last month, the application was still in a queue, not even assigned to a case worker. So basically the application was sitting on a desk somewhere for 2 months :roll:

Having said that, our COA was issued fairly quickly, 12 days after applying. The wife found an employer who accepted the COA as evidence of her being legally entitled to work.
I think yusfaith said is PR application EEA4, not EEA2?

Khloé K
Newly Registered

Post by Khloé K » Thu May 27, 2010 12:13 pm

yusfaith wrote:Need some answer, got my COA and it has home office ref NO and also Case ID NO, is it normal to have both number or does it mean it has been assigned to a case worker? And do I get another letter when the application is assign to case worker?

Thank for your response.
Totally normal and don't worry about it. One of my friend send her application in Nov last year and was given the same letter like that. She was approved within 4 months.

Khloé K
Newly Registered

Post by Khloé K » Thu May 27, 2010 12:15 pm

[quote="yusfaith
Yes I will keep the forum updated, I called the HO yesterday to check on the progress but I was told they can not give me any update yet as the application is not yet 6 months. I will be on their neck as I can not be on suspense for whole 6 months.[/quote]

That's usually what they say when you call them up. But the UKBA has speed up a lots recently. Especailly from March this year, I have seen many applications been approved within 3-4 months.

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Fri May 28, 2010 9:50 am

Khloé K wrote:[quote="yusfaith
That's usually what they say when you call them up. But the UKBA has speed up a lots recently. Especailly from March this year, I have seen many applications been approved within 3-4 months.[/quote]

Thanks Khloe, do you know if calling the HO about the progress of an application has any negative effect on the application?

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:09 pm

yusfaith wrote:
That's usually what they say when you call them up. But the UKBA has speed up a lots recently. Especailly from March this year, I have seen many applications been approved within 3-4 months.
Thanks Khloe, do you know if calling the HO about the progress of an application has any negative effect on the application?[/quote]

This is to update the forum, I called the HO yesterday to check on the progress of my application and was told is under consideration as it was just assigned to a case worker first week in May. Does anyone knows or have an idea how long it will take the case worker to decide.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:51 am

yusfaith wrote:
yusfaith wrote:
Thanks Khloe, do you know if calling the HO about the progress of an application has any negative effect on the application?
This is to update the forum, I called the HO yesterday to check on the progress of my application and was told is under consideration as it was just assigned to a case worker first week in May. Does anyone knows or have an idea how long it will take the case worker to decide.[/quote]
So it took nearly 2 months for you to be assigned to the caseworker!
I guess you should have your PR shortly. Do not know what is the current situation, I have visited my solicitor yest., she told me I should be prepared for 6 months :-(, hope she was wrong...

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:19 am

vadimvin wrote:
yusfaith wrote:
yusfaith wrote:
This is to update the forum, I called the HO yesterday to check on the progress of my application and was told is under consideration as it was just assigned to a case worker first week in May. Does anyone knows or have an idea how long it will take the case worker to decide.
I guess you should have your PR shortly. Do not know what is the current situation, I have visited my solicitor yest., she told me I should be prepared for 6 months :-(, hope she was wrong...[/quote]

Does anybody have an idea if the HO will send a letter to notify that my file has been assigned to a case worker. I called last week and was told my application was assigned to a case worker 1st week in May. Or they will only send to me if a decision is made or need any more info.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:37 pm

The HO does not send a letter out when the case is assigned to a caseworker. They only send the outcome of the application. Whilst your application is in the queue the HO does initial checks on the application to see if all the docs seem to be there, this check is not a complete check. Once the file is allocated to a caseworker, they then check all the docs, may get these verified specially Tax, criminal records etc, once they are satisfied that you meet all requirements that is when they move forward or if they feel something is missing they will contact you to provide that information or refuse the application if you are in breach of the law or do not meet the requirements it depends on each individual case.
yusfaith wrote:
vadimvin wrote:
yusfaith wrote:
yusfaith wrote:
I guess you should have your PR shortly. Do not know what is the current situation, I have visited my solicitor yest., she told me I should be prepared for 6 months :-(, hope she was wrong...
Does anybody have an idea if the HO will send a letter to notify that my file has been assigned to a case worker. I called last week and was told my application was assigned to a case worker 1st week in May. Or they will only send to me if a decision is made or need any more info.[/quote]

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 pm

bobobo wrote:The HO does not send a letter out when the case is assigned to a caseworker. They only send the outcome of the application. Whilst your application is in the queue the HO does initial checks on the application to see if all the docs seem to be there, this check is not a complete check. Once the file is allocated to a caseworker, they then check all the docs, may get these verified specially Tax, criminal records etc, once they are satisfied that you meet all requirements that is when they move forward or if they feel something is missing they will contact you to provide that information or refuse the application if you are in breach of the law or do not meet the requirements it depends on each individual case.
yusfaith wrote:
vadimvin wrote:
yusfaith wrote:
Does anybody have an idea if the HO will send a letter to notify that my file has been assigned to a case worker. I called last week and was told my application was assigned to a case worker 1st week in May. Or they will only send to me if a decision is made or need any more info.
[/quote]

My people, can someone advise if HO is consistence in the information giving out to the applicant. I called them on the 10th of this month was told my case was assigned to a case worker in first week in may. I called them again today and was given another answer that my application still awaiting consideration and it has not been assigned to a case worker yet. Can application been awaiting consideration and not assign to case worker? I am confuse now as i have planned holiday for August.

vadimvin

Post by vadimvin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:50 pm

[/quote]
My people, can someone advise if HO is consistence in the information giving out to the applicant. I called them on the 10th of this month was told my case was assigned to a case worker in first week in may. I called them again today and was given another answer that my application still awaiting consideration and it has not been assigned to a case worker yet. Can application been awaiting consideration and not assign to case worker? I am confuse now as i have planned holiday for August.[/quote]
My friend, one thing i learn with the HO: DO NOT plan anything, they are not predictable, so there is no chance u can take a guess when they are going to post your passport back, it is all now in their hands.
As I understood from the previous applicants, I am going to relax myself untill 3 months passed from the application has been received and only after I will start calling, faxing them etc and it is still not a fact that it would make any difference, so try to be calm and cool, everything should be fine!

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:35 pm

bobobo wrote:The HO does not send a letter out when the case is assigned to a caseworker. They only send the outcome of the application. Whilst your application is in the queue the HO does initial checks on the application to see if all the docs seem to be there, this check is not a complete check. Once the file is allocated to a caseworker, they then check all the docs, may get these verified specially Tax, criminal records etc, once they are satisfied that you meet all requirements that is when they move forward or if they feel something is missing they will contact you to provide that information or refuse the application if you are in breach of the law or do not meet the requirements it depends on each individual case.
yusfaith wrote:
vadimvin wrote:
yusfaith wrote:
[/quote]

I am runing out of patient now, my application will be 5 months in Next week and yet no good news from HO instead, they were given me different information everytime I called. I am getting bored staying in one place, I need to move arround the world. I may call for my passport back since I still have valid RC that will take me to Feb 2011. Any advice on this?

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:58 pm

I am tired of this waiting game with HO, I called today and was told the decision should be made in couples of weeks time. It will be 6 months next week and who knows what there couples of weeks means to them. I just hope it won't be long to hear this good news.

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Oh my people, i called HO today and was told that all my document with my passport was dispatched yesterday but the guy could not disclose any info. he only gave me a tracking ref no. I hope is a good news i have been waiting for.

Will update and share the good news with you when i get my PR IJN.