ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR - ILR Not back-dated!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

HSMP JR - ILR Not back-dated!

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 am

I was granted ILR under the HSMP JR, though I was supposed to have applied since last november but because I had just been made redundant I felt I should hold on until I get a new job. By the time started a new job in November last year, though a contract, I was only able to apply for ILR this March 2010.

And when ILR was garnted, instead of being back dated to Nov. 2009, it was stamped March 2010 cutting off 4 months away from our qualifying for Naturalization.

Do you think if I write the UKBA to ask for date change to Nov. 2009, it will be granted or has anybody under the HSMP JR had this experience before overturned?
Last edited by iyanu on Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bani

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED : HSMP JR - ILR Not back-dated!

Post by bani » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:55 am

The stamp is never backdated. However, you should have gotten a cover letter stating that you are deemed free from immigration control from Nov 2009.

If they forgot to give you this letter (happens sometimes, it's an easy oversight I guess), contract your caseworker.
iyanu wrote:[bI was granted ILR under the HSMP JR, though I was supposed to have applied since last november but because I was just been made redundant I felt I should hold on until I get a new job. By the time started a new job in November last year, though a contract, I was only able to apply for ILR this March 2010.

And when ILR was garnted, instead of being back dated to Nov. 2009, it was stamped March 2010 cutting off 4 months away from our qualifying for Naturalization.

Do you think if I write the UKBA to ask for date change to Nov. 2009, it will be granted or has anybody under the HSMP JR had this experience before overturned?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks Bani for the response.

I had only one letter - ICD.3745 plus a double paged letter like a leaflet -ICD.3748, none of these states when I am free from immigration.

ICD.3745 states

UkBA address
Case ID 12XXXXXXX
Date: March 2010

My Name:
And Address:

dear [my name]

Re: My Name & Birth date

I am returning the enclosed passport with an an extension of stay in UK.

Please read the endorsement(s) carefully.

For some case types a leaflet may be enclose giving details of the conditions of stay.If a leaflet is not available for the particular application, or you need more information , please visit our website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

Yours Sincerely,

Name of Caseworker
PEO- Office
1Passport.

And in the other one ICD.3748:
Confirmation of your entitlement to remain in the UK is endorsed in your passport.

That is all I have recieved so far....!

What do you think.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:04 pm

I think you are the 2nd person on this forum who has complained about this issue. Yes Bani is right you 'should' have had another letter saying your ILR is backdated to November 09 because of the JR....

I think it is one of two things,

1/ The caseworker 'forgot' to do this letter for you, or

2/ They have stopped issuing the letters because all those affected by the JR have now had a chance to apply on time.

What can you do. Well write to the caseworker and ask for the letter.

ps was this a PEO application?

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:12 pm

f2k wrote:2/ They have stopped issuing the letters because all those affected by the JR have now had a chance to apply on time.
I don't think this is the case. I haven't received my passport back yet but case worker told me she is enclosing the backdated ILR letter along with the passports.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks for your contribution guys, I am sure somebody is learning something in this scenario.

f2k wrote :
I think you are the 2nd person on this forum who has complained about this issue. Yes Bani is right you 'should' have had another letter saying your ILR is backdated to November 09 because of the JR....

I think it is one of two things,

1/ The caseworker 'forgot' to do this letter for you, or

2/ They have stopped issuing the letters because all those affected by the JR have now had a chance to apply on time.

What can you do. Well write to the caseworker and ask for the letter.

ps was this a PEO application?
I think it will be wrong for HO to assume 'all those affected by the JR' have had their chances because the policy document does not state a dead line and we are still in March 2010 anyway so still within cut off date if there is any.

Yes, It was PEO but fell within the two day strike by the civil servants union between 8th & 9th March 2010.

I am thinking it was an oversight.

Should I write through email or by post?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:09 pm

iyanu wrote:Thanks for your contribution guys, I am sure somebody is learning something in this scenario.

I am thinking it was an oversight.

Should I write through email or by post?
Do both.

Yes you are right, those going through peo should lookout for that letter when they get their docs handed back and if its not there they should ask for it there and there

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:03 pm

@iyanu I am sure this is due to error by case worker. Call them first, quoting reference number on any documents you recevied and explain the situation. They will send you the letter.

I applied on 9th March under JR, received my passport back today with 2 backdated ILR letters (ILR date: August 2009) for myself and wife. I was not expecting my wife will also receive backdated ILR as she was granted dependent visa only in July last year. She entered in UK July 2009 and ILR granted in August 2009 :roll: :roll:

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 am

web2005 wrote:

@iyanu I am sure this is due to error by case worker. Call them first, quoting reference number on any documents you recevied and explain the situation. They will send you the letter.

I applied on 9th March under JR, received my passport back today with 2 backdated ILR letters (ILR date: August 2009) for myself and wife. I was not expecting my wife will also receive backdated ILR as she was granted dependent visa only in July last year. She entered in UK July 2009 and ILR granted in August 2009
Congratulation mate and thanks for the advice and useful contibutions. I have actaully called the HO and I was advised to write to CROYDON, UKBA.

I have written a letter to UKBA, it is to be posted to day and I have also sent email with a letter attached. I also attention my case worker.

So fingers crossed

many thanks for all your contributions especially f2k and web2005

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:34 am

iyanu wrote:web2005 wrote:

I applied on 9th March under JR, received my passport back today with 2 backdated ILR letters (ILR date: August 2009) for myself and wife. I was not expecting my wife will also receive backdated ILR as she was granted dependent visa only in July last year. She entered in UK July 2009 and ILR granted in August 2009
Congratulation mate and thanks for the advice and useful contibutions. I have actaully called the HO and I was advised to write to CROYDON, UKBA.

I have written a letter to UKBA, it is to be posted to day and I have also sent email with a letter attached. I also attention my case worker.

So fingers crossed

many thanks for all your contributions especially f2k and web2005

Hello Iyanu,

Congratulations on your ILR.

Please have you received the back-dated letters which you requested from the UKBA showing back-dated eligibility for naturalisation and citizenship.

Also, does the letter have a ICD.XXXX reference?

I will very much appreciate your feedback in this regard.

Kind regards,

Lumera...

LongJohn
Newly Registered

Post by LongJohn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:50 am

I got my ILR (and my wife's) back on Friday and no mention of any backdating. I will definitely look into this. just to reiterate Lumera's question though

is there an ICD reference i can ask about?

J